So what's this forum about then?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Talk' started by Jord86, Jan 27, 2019.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sad state of affairs today,kids are too soft,want a easy life,it's too much hard work for them.

But,there are a few odd ones who are ok,willing to learn & do the work,it's just finding them.

ramseyman likes this.
  2. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

I wonder what started that, may be more computers and that?

Shame there isn't a directory of just decent younguns eh.

3. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Active Member

Dissagree

4. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Had a few really good apprentices, one went out on his own and I occasionally work with him, a very good Spark. Had two total wasters, one now works as an engineer for BT where messy wiring is the standard and it's all low voltage so he can't kill himself or anyone else, the other joined the fuzz and sit's in the local layby easting burgers whilst waiting for some unlucky sucker to drive past too fast! - they were both nice lads but bone idle!

5. jimoz

jimoz Screwfix Select

Tried a lad out other week. No good. Had an advertisement up in my front but no other takers. Can't even find anyone else to try

6. angel knight

angel knight New Member

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

reminds me of a TV program I watched years ago. A 90 year old Kendo master asked a young reporter to attack him as hard as he dared. He tried softly but utterly failed and then went in with all the force he could muster. The old master parried him and sent him flying into a padded wall. Later he explained, “ I have seen every move hundreds of thousands of times, I know before you have taken the first step your intention”. Old masters - skill and experience over brute force and ignorance.