New build snagging survey

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by James Simpson, Dec 23, 2020.

1. James Simpson

James Simpson New Member

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anybody on here has had a snagging survey completed by a professional on their new build property?

We're thinking of using https://www.mysnagsure.com/ after finding them on Instagram. Their prices are reasonable and they seem to check the main areas, thermal imaging, drone etc.

You hear about the horror stories from new build developers so I think it would be prudent to get a professional in - I know roughly what to look for but these guys are the pros.

Any other recommendations?

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Who's the developer?

£400 odd to spend an hour or two at a brand new house, take a couple of fancy gadgets with you and tick a precompleted check list when your eyesight and a small amount of common sense will prevail 95% of the time, ask the guy what certificates does he have, whether he's RICS accredited and what weight his presence will carry in the event that you do have issues, otherwise you may as well ask a bloke from the pub to go and have a look as anyone can spot a dodgy brick and rubbing door.

Hfs and gadget man like this.
  3. James Simpson

James Simpson New Member

The developer is Bloorhomes. I'll find out more. They're the most reasonably priced on the market. Other companies like HouseScan are almost double the cost!

4. drety

drety Member

5. ElecCEng

ElecCEng Screwfix Select

Apart from zero mention of any professional affiliations or qualifications on his website.

Abrickie likes this.
  6. drety

drety Member

You could ask that if interested.

7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Its just another load of money generating nonsense poncing off the principle of a qualified, knowledgeable Building Surveyor in order to use people's lack of common sense, lack of construction knowledge and general ignorance against them to generate a profit doing very little of merit.

Where do I sign up?