Shower bath / tile walls what boards should I use

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Tahiti25, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Tahiti25

Tahiti25 New Member

Looking to strip out our main bathroom currently the room is only partially tiled and only to the ceiling in the corner where the shower is.

We want all the walls tiling and replacing the bath is going to be an L shaped unit, someone recommended just using moisture resistant board but I have stumbled across tanking kits and also waterproof tile backing boards.

I will be stripping out myself and replacing the boards including the ceiling but I am a novice so need some advice regarding what will be best long term and also I am assuming its best to use square edge plasterboard if tiling directly onto the plasterboard.

2. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

I wouldn't tile it. I'd use Multipanels:

https://www.multipanel.co.uk/

No grout to discolour, the walls don't need to be perfect underneath, they're easy to fit and easy to seal.

3. Tahiti25

Tahiti25 New Member

Cheers Joe, I have looked at similar panels but think we prefer the overall finish off tiles for the main bathroom, I will be looking to do the en-suite maybe next year so might go that route there in the shower cubicle. We want to get a tiler in however everyone is made busy I just really want to make a start as we have the bath already and the rest of the suite is coming today.

Joe the Plumber likes this.