Thermostat wiring help

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Christ6008, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Christ6008

Christ6008 New Member

Hi all,
    Kids have broken thermostat housing so want to replace my very old mechanical one for a digital one but unsure of wiring.

I have RED, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE wires, could anyone help me with where they go on this diagram pretty please.

Thanks in advance !

Attached Files:

2. jayktee

jayktee New Member

Going by the normally used colours of an old 3c/e cable. Red to 4, with a short link wire 4 to 1. Blue to 3. Yellow to 2.( Red and yellow cores should ideally be marked with brown tape or sleeving.)

3. Philip Hyde

Philip Hyde Screwfix Select

Do you have a picture of your old stat before you do the wiring. The stat you are about to fit looks like a floor stat.

4. Christ6008

Christ6008 New Member

It wont let me upload it for some reason. Defo a boiler stat

5. Philip Hyde

Trying reducing size of picture. Or screenshot on your phone normally works.

6. Philip Hyde

Just looking at the 5-6 NTC is an under floor probe. Most can do air sense and floor.

7. Christ6008

Christ6008 New Member

Attached Files:

8. Philip Hyde

Like Jayktee says Red into 4, with a short link wire 4 to 1. Blue to 3. Yellow to 2.( Red and yellow cores should ideally be marked with brown tape or sleeving.)

9. Christ6008

Christ6008 New Member

Brill will give that a try, thanks