Power to garden shed

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by AndyJam3, Feb 20, 2021.

1. AndyJam3

AndyJam3 New Member

Ok, cheers Banallsheds.

2. Nomenklatura

Nomenklatura Active Member

Regulation please, and calculations showing how such a design leaves the cable to the shed inadequately protected against overload.

3. drety

drety Member

BAS calling out Winston, how weird....

4. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Talking to himself…

5. Nomenklatura

6. Banallsheds

Banallsheds Well-Known Member

If you don't know you cannot spur off a spur and need to demand a reg you should not be answering here.

7. AndyJam3

AndyJam3 New Member

Guys, thanks for all your help and advice. I will use a qualified electrician when I am ready to proceed.

8. drety

drety Member

You tell em Winston

9. Banallsheds

Who is Winston?

10. drety

drety Member

Who knows George....

11. Banallsheds

12. Nomenklatura

So in other words you can't find any regulation which proscribes a "spur from a spur", you cannot show that a light and a socket will overload the cable, and yet you say it cannot be done.

Not sure that I'm the one who shouldn't be answering here.

13. drety

drety Member

I miss the old days....

14. Banallsheds

It is not up to me to find the regulations for you. My post was directed at the OP not you.

Ask anyone on here and they will tell you you cannot spur off a spur.

15. Nomenklatura

Actually, it is.

When you claim that something is not allowed it is very much up to you to identify the regulation(s) which that something contravenes.

Otherwise it's not a contravention, it's just something wrong which you have invented.

Ah, but was your post giving him truthful information, or were you telling him something wrong which you invented?

I'll reply to him, with a perfectly reasonable suggestion of how much weight he should give to advice from someone who claims that a certain thing is so but is unable to provide any proof, shall I?

I'll say the same thing to them too - if you claim it is not allowed state the regulation(s) which it contravenes.

16. Nomenklatura

Yes, you can do that.

If anybody tells you that you can't, ask them politely which regulation(s) it contravenes.

If they cannot, or will not, do that, and just keep telling you that you can't, without a shred of proof, it would be understandable if you decided that they were telling you something which they had simply made up.

17. Banallsheds

Yes. I never lie.
    No.

18. Banallsheds

No you can't do that, because the FCU becomes a spur off a spur which is not allowed. Anyone on here, except Nomenklatura, will tell you a spur off a spur is not allowed.

19. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Information concerning the do’s and don’ts of ring and radial circuits can be found in Appendix 15 of BS7671:2018

20. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Aka Westfield6