under carpet alarm pressure pad

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sams, Jul 13, 2021.

1. sams

sams Member

just changing an old alarm panel to a Veritas , there is a under carpet pressure pad installed which is confusing me.
    4 wires (2 tamper i assume) problem is i can only get the mat to operate in N/O state i.e circuit closed when someone stands on the mat.

The zones of veritas are all wired for N/C so if the pad is connect it will sense a alarm fault as the pad is open circuit

i dont think its possible to reprogram the zones to N/O

Any suggestions ?

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

I guess you already have the panel ... Personally I would have recommended an Premier Elite.

If you go to Page31 of the installation manual there is a "Zone Invert" function which you need for teh one zone.

Do you also have teh Veritas UDL software ?

3. BriB

BriB Member

Ignore the tamper cables on the mat. Then If memory serves me right, do you attach one cable from the mat contact to a zone and the other to the tamper.............. it's so long ago it's hard to remember.

4. FlyByNight

Veritas has 2-wire zones and a Global Tamper, so all the various tampers are wored in series within the panel.

5. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

You could use a relay to invert the alarm condition:)

6. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

16261894457076820273356475196763.jpg

7. sams

sams Member

Thats it , thats what im looking for you solved my problem . Thank you

8. FlyByNight

Do you have the software? It makes programming and interrogation of the system a lot easier.

9. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

For a Veritas!, it's programmable from scratch, using the keypad, in the time it takes a PC to boot up and run the program:p

sparky steve likes this.
  10. FlyByNight

Yes.

So, how do you do a zone invert from the keypad?

11. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

7226FB32-065E-4ED0-BC82-969D466EB0AD.jpeg

Rulland likes this.
  12. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

13. FlyByNight

You were obviously unaware of that capability or how to achieve it.

14. R1cardo

R1cardo New Member

Hi all, I'm in the same situation as Sams with the pressure pad also with a veritas so thought it would best to add to this thread.
    My issue is that after I've accessed the programming mode and then key 59 into the keypad to access the invert suite I'm greeted with an error tone and I can't seem to go any further. I'm sure it something simple but stuck for ideas. Thanks

15. sparky steve

Are you using your engineer code? Also note,
    The Programming Menu can only be accessed when the control panel is unset.
    Enter your 4-digit Engineer code, press program.

Programming Menu, enter 59. The zones currently included in the Zone Invert Suite will indicate (zones not included will remain off). Press the appropriate numbered button(s) of the zone(s) to be included or excluded. Press program The system will chime to confirm that the new Zone Invert Suite has been accepted. The system will then automatically revert to the Programming Menu.

R1cardo likes this.
  16. sams

sams Member

Yes thats exactly what i got as well. im not sure if its now a discontinued option

R1cardo likes this.
  17. R1cardo

R1cardo New Member

The system was unset and we're still on the factory engineers code and what I assume is programming mode. I tried a walk test (06) to check which worked fine, but as soon as I tried (59) I just get a error tone. I did try a couple of other functions In program mode some worked some didn't but can't quite remember them, which seem weird. I'm back there tomorrow so hopefully a fresh head will help.

Also a little back story which maybe of note, is why we're using the pressure pad. We had some damaged cables on the landing pir so only had enough wires to make good with a pad as rewiring a new pir isn't an option with new decoration.

18. sparky steve

Are you sure it’s the engineer code?

Only thing that springs to mind is you’re possibly using the master code.

Master code allows some programming features, but not all.

Is this a clients system? There may also be a conflict if master and user codes are the same.

R1cardo likes this.
  19. R1cardo

R1cardo New Member

I will do a factory reset today and start a fresh, It could be something with the codes as this would explain the programming features available.

Yes client's system so maybe there's been a mix up.

20. R1cardo

R1cardo New Member

I will do a factory reset today and start a fresh, It could be something with the codes as this would explain the programming features available.

Yes client's system so maybe there's been a mix up.