Building a parcel box - roof material

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by jimwillsher, Jul 8, 2021.

1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Hi all

Firstly, I'm a DIYer, not professional.

I'm building a parcel box. The box will have a rainproof lid, and I'm proposing that its a sheet of material hinged at the back. Would you recommend marine ply or OSB (huge price difference). I'm planning to put roof felt on whatever I use. Overall roof size will be around 1200mm x 600mm.

Many thanks

Jim

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Osb. Clad it in onduline: job done

jimwillsher likes this.
  3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Onduline. Never thought of that! Thank you, sounds good.

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Pallett wood.:)

5. benjaminrenaud

benjaminrenaud New Member

What roof to choose for wetter weathet? Fot example I'm living in North Ireland and there 80% per year there is humid weather I read a lot of article about kind of roof and I'm thinking still. This company of Ireland https://litcore.ie/ provides roofing services ant they have a lot of kind roof as well. So what type roof to choose you could recommend? :)

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

I live in Scotland so we get our share of rain here too. I ended up using own and felt. I’d upload a picture, but even at a lousy 4.8Mb it’s too big for this forum.

7. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Here you go :)

Attached Files:

8. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Looks great mate. Disappointed that you didn't fit some miniature guttering and a downspout though ....... :D

jimwillsher likes this.
  9. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Typo in my post. OSB, not “own”. iPhone autocorrect…..