Unable to send email

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Nov 26, 2021.

1. I just tried to send a email but got a message saying it was unable to send the message .It came withe following message.

You no longer have a network connection to the server.Please check your connection and try again later.
    Itried to send a email to wifw as well with the same result. Can anyone suggest what I meed to do.Thank's
    Forgot to say I am able to go into google and find what I am looking for so that works

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Which E-mail program do you use?

Have you recently installed a new anti-virus/firewall program or has your one updated?

3. I use Hotmail from Outlook and theanswer to your second question is no.Thanks for the reply

4. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

There should be an error code with the message beginning 0x...

Have you changed Internet providers?

5. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Shut down your machine, then you router.

Restart the router an when it's ready to go, restart your machine and try again. Outlook may have updated.

6. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

As Bazza says ! Most routers show a power, WiFi and and WLAN (internet) lights. Most also show three solid green if everything is ok. If one or more is showing amber, red or flashing, investigate cause or phone your internet provider for support

7. Use the web browser version of hotmail at Outlook.com

OR

Delete mailbox settings and reconnect

As you can access Google it isn't a network thing .

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

I used to use Outlook, and often found after an update it wouldn't work unless I rebooted. May not work but worth a try.

9. Thanks will try what has been suggested and will let you all know what happens

10. Not Lately

11. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

If it's been a few months, the outgoing SMTP server may no longer work with your old provider. You should change that in Outlook to your new provider.

12. I have sorted this out now so thanks for all the replies.I rebooted the router