Problem with Accenta/Optima ADE Gen4 Alarm

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by jimwillsher, Mar 7, 2022.

1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Hello

Last year I DIY-installed a Honeywell ADE Gen4 alarm. It has worked well for 12 months but is now playing up.

I have a dead simple setup. Single access door connected to zone 1 with a magnetic contact switch, and a single PIR connected to zone 2.

Last night the alarm triggered, for no apparent reason. When I put the unit into engineer mode and do a walk test, when I open the door LED1 comes on (expected) but then a fraction of a second later, LED2 comes on. Similarly, if I do a new walk test and move around, LED2 comes on (expected) but then so does LED1.

The relay switch tests out fine, as does the PIR. So I am confused.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

2. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

You state-: (“Last night the alarm triggered, for no apparent reason”.)

Have you checked the alarm log to verify which zone actually triggered the alarm?

When you state-: “The relay switch tests out fine”. Do you mean the magnetic contact?

You also state-:”The relay switch tests out fine, as does the PIR. So I am confused”.

How did you verify these are indeed working/functioning correctly?

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

Thanks Steve.

There's not really a log, as such, on this unit. Not that's useful anyway. There's no LCD display and the LEDs don't tell much of a story.

Yes, magnetic contact.

Mag contact has been tested through continuity meter. PIR has been tested by a walk test with everything else disconnected.

Thanks

Jim

4. sparky steve

Have you tried doing a factory reset and then reprogramme to see if that resolves the issue.

5. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Member

I haven't, I was kind of avoiding doing that :) But it's such a simple setup that I think that's worthwhile. Thanks, I'll give it a go.

6. sparky steve

Before trying the reset, you could remove the wiring from both of the zones and replace with links. This effectively removes the mag contact and PIR from the system. The links will provide the closed loops and then you can set the panel to see if indeed the panel is at fault.:)

Vin and jimwillsher like this.