Anyone recognise this one?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Mar 23, 2022.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I've sent this photo to Bristan, but they don't recognise it!

Think it needs the cartridge replacing as the temperature knob is jammed.

Anyone know how to disassemble it?

Attached Files:

2. jimbobby

jimbobby Screwfix Select

Does the Bristan website have an exploded diagram of that model for spares ordering.
    Might be some help ?
    J

3. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

It just may be like similar kitchen taps to disassemble;

Unscrew chrome levers, this may then reveal a grub screw which holds handle onto shaft of cartridge or may be a double ended threaded spindle, which lever screws onto, other end is pointed which again, bites onto spindle

But it’s all a maybe from me - just giving some possibilities :)

Great reply from Bristan though :confused:

As above, The Shower Doctor, very helpful company, send in a picture for valve ID (yeah it’s Bristan but what model)

They also have loads of info online, schematics, general valve strip downs and a real, live human (or several) that you can talk to on their help line

All worth a shot and good luck

5. elecstick

elecstick Screwfix Select

Bristan are fantastically useless at practical design of taps, its like they had a good reputation and are determined to ruin it by ridiculous design features.

They like grub screws hidden under collars, but beware, always turn OFF the water first before undoing. On my new kitchen mixer taps (cobalt range) there is a grub screw at the back, but surprise surprise, undo it and the whole top of the mixer comes off, a 4mm grub screw between a lovely kitchen and a flooded house, great design feature.

Actually I was going to replace all my taps with Bristan but now I think I'll get rid on ebay, and replace by a sensible make