Watersmith Seville Pull Out Kitchen Tap - Slow Leak

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Ashir, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Ashir

Ashir New Member

I purchased a Watersmith Seville Pull Out Mono Mixer tap from Screwfix about a year back and it's been fine till recently where it has developed a slow drip. I have looked up the issue online and one possible solution is to replace the mono cartridge?

I wanted to try taking the cartridge out to see what it looks like before trying to order a replacement part but I can't figure out how to unscrew the tap handle (for other mono taps there is usually a screw on it that you loosen to take it off).

Has anyone had this issue with this model of tap and do you know how to remove the cartridge from it?

2. So there will normally be a small chrome cap the opposite side of the handle that sticks up in the air, remove this and it’s probably an Allen key below it. If not try unscrewing the small handle off of its main body and there may be a grub screw under that. Chances are one of screwfixes universal flomasta cartridges will fit it, you just need to know if u need the 35mm or 40mm one.

3. The tap comes with a ten year warranty and is screwfix’s own brand so may be worth contacting them and see if they will send out the correct part!

4. Ashir

Ashir New Member

@pppmacca43 thanks for the help! Unfortunately there is no chrome cap on the handle and there isn't any type of screw around the body that I could loosen to take the handle off. At least not that I could see while looking and feeling around the handle.

I don't have the receipt anymore (bought it in-store and have lost the paper receipt) but I contacted Screwfix support to ask for the part and how to replace the cartridge. They told me they don't have a part number for the cartridge and were only able to send me the installation instructions (which don't tell you how to take the tap handle apart). I'm regretting buying a Screwfix brand of tap. Would have been better to buy a more well known brand that actually had a way to take of the tap handle to replace the cartridge.

5. Have you tried unscrewing the actual lever

Ashir likes this.
  6. Ashir

Ashir New Member

Ah! That was it! Thanks for the suggestion! I unscrewed the lever, using rubber gloves to get some grip, and underneath the lever was the hex screw which needed to be loosened to get the chrome handle off. I unscrewed the chrome edging and was able to then unscrew the bolt holding the cartridge in place. I have attached photos of the original cartridge below for anyone else that has the same issue:
    tapCartridgeFront.jpg tapCartridgeBack.jpg
    I ended up replacing it with a Flomasta 35mm cartridge that I got from Screwfix here: https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-35mm-ceramic-tap-cartridge/6086x and that has sorted the issue! Thanks again for the help!

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  7. Excellent - well done