New roof problems

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by J Johnson, Jan 1, 2023.

1. J Johnson

J Johnson New Member

Hi any roofers could you advise, I had a new roof fitted in October and I’ve noticed water marks on the under lay should I get them back to put right ? Thank you 74CA3390-55F9-4CDF-BE8A-B47A7262643D.jpeg

2. Offshore

Offshore Active Member

I'm not a roofer, but yes, definitely get them back. They surely guaranteed their work?

3. J Johnson

J Johnson New Member

Yes it has a guarantee I just get the feeling that they won’t turn up thank you for your reply

4. Offshore

Offshore Active Member

I suppose it depends how reputable they are. Nothing to lose by giving it a try.

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

At first I thought it was condensation, but then the top of the rafter looks wet, what’s on the other side of the membrane?

6. J Johnson

J Johnson New Member

I’m not sure but it was raining when the roof was installed so I’m assuming that’s why the rafter has a stain on It I’m very stressed over it

7. J Johnson

J Johnson New Member

To be honest I think I’ve been taken advantage of being a single woman

8. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Not necessarily! October was quite wet in most part of UK. The breathable fabric might have got a soaking during the works. With tiles on top along with cold weather, it will not have much of a chance to dry out. As Jord86 says post a picture of the roof from the outside marking out the area of dampness. People here can comment on the quality of work and potential shortcomings

9. J Johnson

J Johnson New Member

Ok thank you