Tax Error!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Mistake and not deliberate, Zahawi should be booted out of government sooner than later. Mind you £3,000,000 pretty much an average tax bill for a plumber or electrician these days post Covid, so must agree an easy mistake to make! :rolleyes:...:D

Kingscurate likes this.
  2. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

Teflon coated nothing sticks

Astramax likes this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Funny that, never does!

4. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Leaving aside the tax bill itself, it worries me that a person who was Chancellor of the Exchequer does not understand the UK tax system. If he can't, how are the rest of us to get it right. The man is a *&%$ and should be booted out, then start a hunt for more. He 'tried it on' and then when he was caught out, he continued to delay paying, that's where the fine came in.

5. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

This bunch reminds me of why we booted Major out, the sad thing now is these crooks really are much worse.

The damage that's been done will last generations....if it can be repaired at all.

The Happy Builder and Sparkielev like this.
  6. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

...and let's not forget this was the character who "mistakenly" claimed expenses for his horse stables' electricity bill. He appears to be given to making "mistakes" when it is to his financial advantage.

The Happy Builder likes this.
  7. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

Funny how they never make mistakes to their disadvantage.
    I must admit to have being a Tory voter, never again.
    They have always been determined to destroy the NHS all be it by the back door, they are sneaky and untrustworthy, top loading the NHS with managerial jobs with no bearing on health so it will collapse under its own weight.

Then we will have the Tory dream, private health care the pigs will gather around the trough of shareholding in the insurance companies.
    If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident the ambulance drivers will ask for your credit card or insurance first.

If you don’t have any insurance you will go to a second rate facility and be billed for the ambulance later if you don't or cant pay the bailiffs will be around.

The land of the free, if you have nothing your free to go without.

8. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Bent as a nine bob note.

9. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Today the boss of the HMRC was quizzed about our best mate's tax. He said that "Those who make honest tax mistakes do not receive a fine". Our mutual friend is toast! :)

rogerk101 likes this.
  10. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

Caught one, how many more on the fiddle. If they paid the right tax we might be able to pay the nurses a decent wage.

11. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Not taking any side before we have the full facts but…

I half suspect that some creative tax consultant submitted ex chancellors tax affairs in way to minimise tax to the bare minimum which perhaps HMRC agreed if not approved. Later with the full years tax data posted, HMRC may have changed their mind, perhaps being prompted by the opposition. Obviously they have come to a deal where any tax owed would be paid but at the same time no fines would be imposed. All sides had hoped that this public interest story would fade away.

12. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

The truth is it wasn't an error he just didn't get away with it. The greed among the richest people is frankly disgusting especially when the burden now largely falls on people earning between 30-70,000 per year who are readily tax deductible.

If you are as wealthy as he his just pay your bloody way.

Sooner or later people are going to have to boot this bunch of thieves out and give Labour a go .

13. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Don't be under the misguided belief that Labour will be any better!

The worst aspect of politics is that those who would be politicians should never be trusted to do the right thing, because it's all about self interest and mutual back-scratching.

quasar9 and stevie22 like this.
  14. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

Labour were better last time by a million miles. I've never seen this country is such a bad state.....Tory's always **** it up and they keep blaming labour even now. The last financial crash was nothing to do with labour it was brewed in the American banking system.

Labour sorted the NHS out, they sorted schools and my earnings soared under labour. Pretax was about 105,000 per year as a plumbing and heating engineer under labour....now I'm under 80,000

My customers are struggling and I'm constantly raising my prices because the cost of building materials have gone through the roof. My labour has risen 12% but materials probably 300%

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Glad I retired apart from the poor state pension.....worst in Europe apparently.

16. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

:):):):)Yes, he's been sacked, great start to the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Jord86 likes this.
  17. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

£4.8 million is enough to pay the pensions of around five hundred people for a year or the salaries of around a hundred and twenty nurses.

18. big all

big all Screwfix Select

unless you're an ex-pat living in Europe on a uk pension then its not index linked so stays the same and eaten up fully by inflation so then a double whammy --- at least thats how it was before brexit may be even worse now i dont know ??

19. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Zahawi, Michelle Mone, and the rest of the thieving parasites should be doing a 20 stretch, but as usual, nothing will happen, and they will swan off trousering a load of cash

20. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

Carrier bags full seems to be the preferred choice of inheritance tax dodgers.

Sparkielev likes this.