Best Tool Belt?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by two by one, Dec 26, 2005.

1. two by one

two by one New Member

I have had various tool belts over the years and there always seems something wrong with them. The buckles break, the hammer loop does'nt work. I guess the essentials are a hammer loop, and somewhere to put a tape and a square.

2. dunc

dunc New Member

Having fooled about with various belts, I now use a decent quality 2 inch leather trouser belt and hang a smallish general purpose pouch from it.

3. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

i hate to say it but the heavy duty dewalt belt is my choice

4. i fit

i fit New Member

Can't get on with them at all.
    I prefer to leave my tools all over the newly installed gloss worktops!!;)

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Don't use a tool belt as such but I have got one with two pouches for when I'm tiling. One for spacers and one for wedges, very handy indeed.

6. Stevemastic

Stevemastic Member

a good quality belt, then mix'n'match as the job requires.

7. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

I got a Plano one, buy the belt, then the various bits and bob to go on, screw pouch, drill holster, hammer loop...

8. fishthechippy

fishthechippy New Member

I use the heavy duty De Walt belt and just change the accessories to suit the job I'm doing at the time. More expensive but worth it as far as I am concerned.

9. two by one

two by one New Member

I've gone for one of the bucket boss pouches in the Rutlands sale, looks ok. They have a choice of left or right handed!

10. edge

edge New Member

i fit u must be a plumber!

11. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Rutlands sale, looks ok. They have a choice of left
    or right handed!

I have a hammer and screwdriver from the same source. :)

12. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

Ihave two belts. one with double hammer loops and such and one with no metal buckles or loops at all just for working in kitchens and bedrooms, ifit perhaps you would get on with one of these as i dont tend to scuff finnished doors and worktops with this one. although not as much fun as seeing the wifie's face with all your kit on the worktops.