Garage query for you Part P experts!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Sparkydad, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Sparkydad

Sparkydad New Member

Hi all, This relates to a Garage I've just wired - so I've fed the Garage from the non-RCD side of the Main CU via 4mm SWA.
    In the garage there is a 13A twin socket, 1 flu light and a PIR halogen all via a garage CU with RCD protection.
    I've done 3 minor works certificates and the job is notifiable but I'm not convinced that the certification is correct. I've done one for the SWA, one for the Lighting and one for the socket. After doing copies I've got writers cramp for all 6 certs. Can anyone confirm that this is correct or what I should have done?

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Should have used an EIC cert. You have installed NEW CIRCUITS that cannot be signed off on a Minor Works. It tells you this on the MW certificate (ie must not be used for new circuits).

You would put the sub-main down as the tails to the garage CU then list all ciruits on the garage CU with relevant test results. You would put Ze down as Zdb for the garage CU.

UP

3. rutspark

rutspark New Member

You should have an eic for the swa run (as thats a new circuit)
    You should have an eic for the garage cu as its a new instalation and you will test each separate circuit on the garage c/u

You need 2 x eic's fella

4. rutspark

rutspark New Member

How far is the garage away from the house?

Have you extended the pme system or is so far away that you've used an earth spike and ensured that the earth spike is not conected to the swa sheath and that the swa sheath is earthed to the house pme supply?

Your certificate - your **** in a sling, need to check it mate!!

5. Triplock

Triplock New Member

I disagree Rut. One EICD will cover this, and as others have stated, the SWA will go down as the distribution circuit on the 1st line.

As others have stated Zs(remote D/B Circuit) = ((R1+R2)Remote Circuit)) + ((r1+r2)Distribution)) + (Ze(Supply))

Triplock

6. rutspark

rutspark New Member

I know what your saying but did 2391 last year and asked this exact same question to clarify and the practical examiner stated the sub main supply is a circuit, and therfore shoud be tested and certified and the c/u is new instalation, hence 2 x certs.

Just one of many conflicting conversations we had with the examiner!!

7. Triplock

Triplock New Member

It's a crazy world m8

Trip

8. tallow nob

tallow nob New Member

One EIC for the whole lot, listing each circuit on the scedule of test and inspections.

TN

9. tallow nob

tallow nob New Member

schedule - even.

TN

10. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Either or, no matter, as long as it's safe! ;)