plastering

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by powzey, Apr 20, 2006.

1. powzey

powzey New Member

I'm a bit of a novice at plastering but I can get the walls pretty flat and smooth. But I keep getting like a bubbling effect in the odd place now and again when i'm trowelling off the walls anyone give me any tips as to what I'm doing wrong. Much appreciated

2. nearnwales

nearnwales Member

your not doing nothing wrong it's just air pockets in the backing coat I bet your getting it in bonding , sand and cement , browning ect when its turning and on the final trowel , trowel over them flat use the blade if you need to .

ANDY

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You could also be letting it get too dry, so you are drawing it OFF the wall as you are trowelling.

Mr. HandyAndy - really

4. Boxer Red

Boxer Red New Member

powzey, you are just too keen. You are trying to trowel up too early. You are using your trowel too much, trying to trowel up too many times. it comes with experience, but bubbles can be flattened when the plaster is nearly off. In time you will know when to trowel up and when to leave. The art is not to panic, however, this takes experience. Good luck
    BR

5. xr3i_alloys

xr3i_alloys New Member

Aye what boxer said. leave the area until it's nearly gone off