Cordless sds drills

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by littlemole, May 24, 2006.

1. littlemole

littlemole New Member

I am thinking of purchasing a good quality cordless sds drill eg makita, dewalt etc I have used cheap cordless drills in the past and have found them useless when it comes to drilling into masonary and have had to resort to powered tools for heavy work. To get to the point will a dewalt or makita 24v drill drill through a double skinned wall?

2. notannoyedsolenoid

notannoyedsolenoid New Member

We have a Makita 24V sds, and it's pretty good although the battery life can be limited. Same drill in screwfix at the moment has 1 x 2.0Ah, and 1 x 3.3 Ah battery, so should be better. Bosch seem quite popular as well.

not.

3. happy_chopper

happy_chopper New Member

Best price I can find ****

[Edited by: forum admin]

4. happy_chopper

happy_chopper New Member

5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

6. Bando

Bando Member

I have a 24v bosch and it is a pretty powerful drill. I know i shouldn't but i have used it for drilling joists and 4" holes.

7. lamb

lamb New Member

There can't have been much left of that joist. hehe

8. bs7671

bs7671 New Member

Am thinking of getting the 36v hilti , anyone got one of these, and are they better than the 36v bosch jobie.

9. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

They come with a lifetime guarantee, so despite their premium price you'll never have to buy a new one!

Unless you let our Pikey mate rob it! :'(

10. nottsspark

nottsspark New Member

ive got the bosch 24v with 3 battery kit, drills through brick walls, joists etc all day long. the 36v is next on me list although worried it mite be to big n bulky to hold at height

11. bigsyd

bigsyd New Member

Am thinking of getting the 36 v hilti , anyone got one
    of these, and are they better than the 36 v bosch
    jobie.

had 1 of these about 3 months now, may as well sell my 110 v hilti sds drill , its the dogs bits, you will not need another sds drill again..PS get it from ebay as i did, never been used extra battery keyless chuck and battery adapter, delivered £390.00

12. bs7671

bs7671 New Member

I was looking on the bay aswell. They have a few that are 1 - 2 yrs old, do you rekon its worth picking them up? Also, how much are they new?

13. bigsyd

bigsyd New Member

I was looking on the bay as well. They have a few that
    are 1 - 2 yrs old, do you reckon its worth picking
    them up? Also, how much are they new?

how much are they new?..lol well i would not be able to afford 1

get tht newist you can with extra bits spare batt is a big plus as the cost of them

pps will have a megger MFT 1502/2 up for sale on ebay next week, only 3months old..getting the new megger MFT1552..