Eco Drain into drain pipe?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Lee, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

I am going to be putting an Eco drain along the back of the garage (well the building contractors are) to collect the rain water off the patio. It is then going to be directed between the garage and a dividing wall (out of sight). I want to know if it is possible to transfere the rain water from the Eco Drain to a drain pipe (for ease of fitting - narrow space, and cost) whilst it is down the side of the garage - and then back to the Eco Drain which will run along the front of the garage and into the main drain thingy.

Cheers

2. Lee

Lee New Member

No suggestions/tips or advice on how it can or can not be done?

Regards,

Lee

3. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

I once did something similar, I think. A factory with lots of doors down one side wanted channel drains across each doorway because they had no thresholds (for fork trucks). Rather than run channel drains along the whole wall, or join channel drains by each door to a separate surface water drain, it worked on cheaper, easier and less disruptive to link the channel drains with underground soil pipe and make one connection to the surface water drain (via a silt trap).

4. Lee

Lee New Member

thanks for your answer limestone