suitable for outside?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lee, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

could anyone advise me if items 15833 - mains downlight r80 and/or 15833 - mains downlight r63 are suitable to use in the soffit on a garage? (ie exposed to the outside elements) If not which spot/downlight is? There doesn't seem to be any in the exterior lighting section.

Regards

Lee

2. overnightsparks

overnightsparks New Member

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

IP65, absolutlety fine:)

4. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

6. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

Not my money, if I could get a sale on these I'd join the great Sine's money wagon

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Not my money, if I could get a sale on these I'd join the great Sine's money wagon<

They are for people with more money, than they know what to do with, something I dream about..;\

8. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

Snap E15 ~ I wish & dream loadsa money comes and says wire me house and dont spare the expense

9. Lee

Lee New Member

Money is not a problem, but I want them to be matchng and in keeping with the black and white facia and soffits on the garage (or more importantly the house) - which is a victorian ie black and white (only I have chosen to do the new garage in plastic to ease the maintainance). Thanks very much for your help though

Regards

Lee

10. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

The problem with some lights is that the coating is not suitable for outdoor use. These will soon show signs of wear fom problonged outdoor use. They are interior grade
    Need to trawl the web to see what can be found

11. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Thanks very much for your help though<

;)

12. Lee

Lee New Member

brilliant that, thanks for your help - I have a few options now, just need to think about which ones will be easier to change bulbs etc. Does anyone know if there is a particular one of them which will go longer without needing to change the bulbs - hate wasting my time doing that!

Regards

Lee