Front door price

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by happyknob, Oct 22, 2006.

1. happyknob

happyknob New Member

I have just bought a hardwood front door which has 2 glass panels and 2 wooden panels. How much should I be paying a joiner to have it fitted with my existing yale lock, mortice lock, letter box and 2 bolts and a new thing on the bottom to keep the rain out?

I live on Liverpool.

Thank you in advance.

Lucy

2. bonnie the botch

bonnie the botch New Member

HI, anything from £70 - £130. depends realy there's quite a lot of variation from place to place, as well as familiarity with the tradesman, do you know someone or picking one out of the yellow pages. by that i mean if you know the chap you might get a decent rate for return custom.

3. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

Lucy, be VERY VERY careful of the small ads, the prices may sound cheap, but dont be swayed. Youve paid for a nice new door, a poor fit will ruin it.

4. splinter2

splinter2 New Member

Like DD said beware of the small ads they might say £100 to hang a front door but every else will come as extras,anyway it normally a days work .So exspect to pay a days money £150 would not seem too unreasonable to me.But as 1 poster has already written rates vary regionally

5. !!

!! Active Member

don't use the yellow pages thompson local is better ;)

6. !!

!! Active Member

on the subject of price a good joiner/ locksmith will have it in within 3-4 hours so £25 a hour £100 sounds fair (for northern monkey prices)

p.s thats not a insult I'm a northern monkey 2

7. taurus

taurus New Member

if you dont have any joy in getting anyone to fit it and dont mind waiting a few weeks i can fit it for you im a time served joiner and am in the process of expanding my part time joinery business to full time i have 25 years experience and iam city and guild qualified to advanced craft level and would be more than happy to do it for the prices stated and i live in liverpool so if you get stuck give me a call 07908222208

8. happyknob

happyknob New Member

Thanks for the replies guys you were a great help. Sorry Taurus I need to get the door on quickly but thanks for the offer.
    Lucy