Site Hoover Choices?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by two by one, Oct 25, 2006.

1. two by one

two by one New Member

My Henry vacum has just died a death and I wondered what the opinions were on a good site dust extractor were. I dont want anything huge for transport/space reasons, presumably the Festool mini is the best and the Bosch a close second? I like the idea of something I could use with power tools. Thanks in advance.

2. !!

!! Active Member

you can't beat a henry

3. trimking

trimking New Member

4. mr.kitchen

mr.kitchen New Member

I found a place that just sold me the top part of the Henry for £25 as this is the part wot broke, the rest was fine. YOu cant beat a Henry as it just sucks!

5. really stupid

really stupid New Member

been using our henry to suck up dust after pulling down coving and stud walls, the bags(originals) keep tearing and im guessing its the plaster dust blocking the bags filtering surfaces then basically popping under suction.... like a baloon in reverse if you see what i mean... is there anything more suited to plaster dust or do i have a duff pack of bags

6. nanobyte

nanobyte New Member

Ive been doing my house up for months now and bought a vac to keep the dust at bay. I have been pulling down lath and plasrter walls and chasing into brick and block,
    I bought the wet and dry vac from Wickes (£25). It comes with paper bag filters which are rubbish and just pop. But you can buy a reusable wet and dry filter for £10, you just have to rinse it when it gets too clogged up.
    Its great, it just keeps on going and going and it has a 2yr guarantee. It’s the same as the Earlex one.

7. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Henry is good for final clean ups. I also have a Bosch that i use to extract on the sanders and planer.

The bosch is good but too bulky to be handy on small jobs.

8. Jim

Jim Guest

9. two by one

two by one New Member

Thanks everyone, bought a fein on offer from axminster.