Paslode Brad Nailer

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by dan johnston, Oct 27, 2006.

1. dan johnston

dan johnston New Member

Hi Folks

Decided to finally invest in a nail gun. I'm looking for something that has the greatest degree of flexibility, for fixing architrave through to floor boards and garden fences.

Is Paslode the only way to go?

I've looked at the Paslode IM65 F16 Brad Nailer and the IM65A Angled Brad Nailer, on some websites it states that the later has a nail range of 32-63mm whilst on others they state 16-64mm the same as the IM65 F16 - so I'm somewhat confused. An angled nailer would be preferable but the greater range of nail size would be more beneficial.

Can anyone shed any advice or suggest alternatives.

Cheers

2. trimking

trimking New Member

Paslode impulse nailers are ok as long as you use them regularly, as the gas cartridges have a limited shelf life, I'm not a great fan because you have to disassemble and clean them regularly, also they tend to run out of nails/gas or battery power at the most inconvenient moment ,usually at the top of a twenty foot ladder with a length of facia in your other hand.

you could try dewalts new nailers, they shoot the same gauge of nails as the paslodes your interested in, they use dewalts 18v batteries handy if you already have other dewalt tools.

Personally I use pneumatic nailers, the guns are cheaper in the first place, you only have to buy the nails (no gas) they're a lot more powerful but you do have a hose following you everywhere.

3. !!

!! Active Member

4. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

Hi Folks

Decided to finally invest in a nail gun. I'm looking
    for something that has the greatest degree of
    flexibility, for fixing architrave through to floor
    boards and garden fences.

You'll need a first and second fix Paslode to cover all that properly.

5. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

I had air nailers, loaded and unloaded the compressor in and out of the van twice a day. I tripped too oftern on the air leads or compressor electric cables. All the air nailers i had a bump shot option. I will NEVER touch an air nailer again, i sold the lot

Ive got 4 paslode guns, no trailing leads and they hook on my belt so going up ladders is safe. Im lazy so cleaning isnt a priority and ive never had one stop due not cleaning it

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The senco airfrees have all been discontinued after 4 recalls.

7. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

that seems to leave a single dewalt brad nailer (with bump mode avaliable) in the running against all the paslodes

8. spg trainee

spg trainee New Member

so would a plasplode for 1st fix and the dewalt for second be the best option?

9. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

spg paslode im350 for first fix

im a bit predudiced BUT i have two good reasons for my preference, dont buy the dewalt its nearly 25% heavier than the equivilent paslode im250A (angle brad nailer)and its physically larger

If you wear a tool belt tool weights and sizes are VERY important. Ill explain, i weigh under 70 Kilos. on a bad day my tool belt weighs 10 kilos.