Bosch gsr10.8v

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by richhrv, Nov 7, 2006.

1. richhrv

richhrv New Member

Has anyone got one of these bosch gsr10.8v li ion screwdrivers???? went to local tool shop today to price up a couple of new drills and he was recommending the above for screwing saying its a brilliant bit of kit!!!! just a little unsure as its so small really, any one got experience of them???? thanks

2. panlid

panlid New Member

if its the little blue pistol grip thing i have one and use it alot. i have just done laods of fitted bedrooms and for things like that it is ideal. for things like kitchens etc again it is excellent. i believe there is now a different swivel head version out now. i still prefere the pistol type as it easily fits into my pockets on my workpants and has plenty of power.

3. richhrv

richhrv New Member

that the one im on about, has it got the boll** to stick a 4'' screw in to a brown plug thou????? little worried it wont have enough meat to it for general use!!!

4. panlid

panlid New Member

yes it will put that screw in easy.
    off course for heavy duty stuff you need more power. what are you mainly wanting to do with it?

5. richhrv

richhrv New Member

do alot of hospital work, so alot of worktops on 2x2 screwed to the walls then screwed up into the top thro the 2x2 again,spur shelving, door hanging, kitchens, pretty wide range really so want an all rounder, just the sheer size of it that concerns me!!!!

6. panlid

panlid New Member

if you get it you wont be dissapointed. alsom get an extra long pozi and slotted bit. if putting doors on etc you could do with the extra room a long bit will give you in the angles.

7. richhrv

richhrv New Member

ok might give it a whirl, tool shop got a bosch day on on friday so ill see what sort of discount they'll give me for one of those and a 14.4v combi too!!!!

8. phil p

phil p New Member

they're a top piece of kit. really suprising is the power and the battery life and you'll have no problem screwing into brown plugs. only problem is you get so used to the size you wont wanna use anythig else. if you like bosch kit try their impact drivers too.

9. richhrv

richhrv New Member

Ive been using a makita impact driver for about 8 years now so can imagine how good the bosch impact is, just wondered if the gsr10.8 was as good as i am led to believe at my local tool merchant and if its worth buying one, just dont want to be dissapointed in it....

10. phil p

phil p New Member

seriously get 1. the new 1 seems to be even better than the 1st with having slightly higher rpm and having a bit holder. you wont be disappointed