domestic

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by jon68, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jon68

jon68 New Member

HI just a quick question do you need 2381 before you can register as a domestic part p. Or can you do one of there courses to get registered. thanks for your help

2. markspark

markspark New Member

go on the nic website it lists the joining quals these are mostly the same for any part p scheme

3. Ripped Off

Ripped Off New Member

You mean a 5 day wonder course teaches you 4yrs of training in just 5 glorious days.
    Fraid its more than a quick fix or 2381 to become a spark or even a registered spark.

4. jon68

jon68 New Member

Thanks mark, Hi ripped off i have electricity experience have rewired a house and had it checked out and no problems give me some positive advise.

5. artymike

artymike New Member

jon68
    I am not an electrician but a plumber (of sorts). I have done my part P course at college (it was very poor)and intend going with Napit because it makes life easier than NICEIC. Take it you are asking because of your plumbing interest for heating controls etc?
    NAPIT will make you do your 2381 after 12 months of subs to keep registered on their scheme, giving you time to get off the ground!

6. jon68

jon68 New Member

thanks artymike

7. Smigga

Smigga New Member

Jon68 if you are going for full scope Napit you will also need 2391 inspect and test, insurance, quite a few books, references and a BS7671 standard job to show and inspect. Plus calibrated test equipment and £340.
    Good luck
    Smigga

8. jimmythemap

jimmythemap New Member

NIC = LAE Level 2 or equivalent (C+G 2381)
    £2M PLI
    2391 if possible (it will help with testing)
    £450 ish NIC as well (includes 1st assessment)