looking for an lpg van

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by arrow builders, Jan 26, 2007.

1. arrow builders

arrow builders New Member

Hi ,looking to buy a small van (combo,berlingo,astravan etc.)has to be LPG (most of the jobs I got are in the new CC zone in london )so if any of you have one for sale or know about one or a decent dealer pls give us a shout ,much appreciated ,tx

2. arrow, when you find one let me know ;)
    i was looking for one 9 months ago, got sick of prices.. t reg astravan almost 1000 more than normal ones, and 7 people queing to have a look ;)
    i gave up and bought a double cab pick up s reg for 1800.
    from my search, best bet for you is looking up north of county or find garages who installl
    one in cambridge will do your nomal van for 1200.. fully certified etc..
    good luck

3. victor meldrew

victor meldrew New Member

LPG..........SHIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTE !!!
    My employer went down the green route and bought Ford Transits and Vauxhall Combi vans in LPG........Basically it was one big PR exercise that backfired.....The vans are ****, totally unreliable, after sales service almost inexistant....just one big gimmick...I think the Govt. offered big price incentives to go down the lpg route...then they withdrew it.
    Even FORD have pulled the plug on lpg vans...speaks volumes when a major manufacturer withdraws from the market.
    LPG vans you can't give them away........people who want reliability just won't touch 'em.
    The new diesel range of vans offer increased mpg and reliability.......something lpg just can't offer....wait until Brown starts to hammer the pump prices of lpg.....You have been warned !!!!

4. MOONSHINE

MOONSHINE New Member

arrow builders

looking for an lpg van
    Posted: Jan 26, 2007 10:37 AM Reply

Hi ,looking to buy a small van (combo,berlingo,astravan etc.)has to be LPG (most of the jobs I got are in the new CC zone in london )so if any of you have one for sale or know about one or a decent dealer pls give us a shout ,much appreciated ,tx

Soon to be extended my way.

DHL use duel fuel LPG + Petrol switch over. They had big problems, but are sorted now. If your looking for a used one might pay to get one that you know is regally serviced.
    I don't know if they lease them now or still own them. They replace regally. Might pay to phone customer services.
    & they do use small astra type vans too.