the best cordless drill

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by oli lfc 101, Jan 30, 2007.

1. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

exactly as i posted above

2. ramsden

ramsden New Member

I know a professional builder who fits for large restaurant chains and is very successful - he swears by hitachi drills.

3. kimble

kimble New Member

4. fragsie

fragsie New Member

by far the best cordless drill imho is the panasonic EY6432GQKW 15v 3.5ah. Ive had mine for 2 yrs without missing a beat - all types of joinery from finish to roofing - cant recommend them enough !!!

They also have a sweet 12v impact driver - had a go of one and it will be my next toy !!

Hope this helps.

5. fragsie

fragsie New Member

i just read threw this post in its entirety and i noticed the cat fight about festool and other brands used by tradesmen.....whats that about ????

All the tradesmen i know use panasonic and festool gear - some use the new hilti stuff and i have seen the odd makita impact driver around. One thing i never see is bosch or dewalt on a regular basis. I have a dewalt 18v kit and rate the jigsaw and circular saw highly for quick work and snagging but overall it doesnt have the power.

Hope this helps anyone interested in an opinion rather that a handbags slinging contest...

6. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

15v? you sure mate.gotta be 18 or 24 now bud.

7. orangeST

orangeST New Member

I got a dewalt 18 volt xrp drill and its got good power and most of the guys i work with use the sameone and we are all happy with them also got a smaller makita 14.4 and its impresive also.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Nothing wrong with blue bosch fragsie. their 14.4v planer is just what you need for doors. Light and easy to control.

9. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

yep i have a makita 14.4 and dewalt 18v too, both very good dewalt seems to be heavier duty but also considerably heavier in weight so on some jobs the makita works out better. (esp up a ladder over reaching)

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have a makita 9.6 that i stll use day in day out light and with more than enough to put screws in and drill out anything up to about 30mm. anything bigger and i put the adapter in my sds. Never had a combi never will.

11. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

**** me audi,you flooring ceilings now

12. cosworth

cosworth New Member

yep i have a makita 14.4 and dewalt 18v too, both
    very good dewalt seems to be heavier duty but also
    considerably heavier in weight so on some jobs the
    makita works out better. (esp up a ladder over
    reaching)

hope you do a thorough risk assesment up those ladders audi :);):^0

13. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

"**** me audi,you flooring ceilings now"
    nah i forgot the underlay on a solid wallnut floor so i went in from downstairs with it ;)

risk assesment, yep we have that at work,

do what i tell you or you RISK THE SACK!

14. flyingscotsman

Great idea with the forgotten underlay audi, save me a lot of time in the future.

15. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

yep i should change my name to
    idea-evo
    i'm full of em!

and who's gonna be first to say, more like full of it!
    ;)

16. flyingscotsman

17. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

here's a cracker, woman bought a bit of vinyl flooring, told me she would let me know when she wanted it fitting, fine no probs.
    Gets her new bathroom suite, plumber tells her, better to fit the suite then the vinyl so's not to damage the vinyl, fine, except.......

rolltop bath on feet with no taps on but one of those free standing things that hang over the bath.

Told her vinyl will have to be split in 3 places to get round this!

She say's no way i'm having it split, i said ok bye then.

18. starlight tiles

make a paper template as all floor layers do,cut your paper template in 10mm short of all feet,pedestal,skirts ,arcs.then use a 30mm straight edge and mark all your points back on to the paper.put paper on top of vinyl and mark all your points 30mm outwards.cut and fit.around toilets and pedestals.feet either weld or clear silicone the joint.job done.easy when you know how,

19. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

maz, i'm a floor layer/carpet fitter, you can't weld domestic vinyl and silicone looks ****.
    I can cut round anything but you have to split the vinyl to get it round the feet.
    I can get a pefect match and spray glue it to the floor almost invisible but in time the dirt will collect on the join it will become noticable.

20. starlight tiles

you can weld vinyl that's why they have welders for joints.have a look on sweeneytodd flooring supplies