devil of a screw The Final Answers

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by arsenalboy, Feb 11, 2007.

1. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

Thought I would start a new thread for this as nobody will read the old thread but I hope Mrs Bojangle saw my response to her scathing attack on me.
    Went to B&Q this morning and bought the dry lining back box, had black lugs, sorry guys it was the only one they did, no yellow, red or blue ones!!
    I couldn't snip the offending screw with pliers and had to resort to the hacksaw whilst being careful not to damage the stainless steel plate.
    As soon as I undid it I could see the problem as predicted, live wire hanging in space. Not sure with an installation one year old how that happens.
    The new box was slightly shallower and with the single plate being a triple switch, it was a bit like spagheeti junction in there and a squeeze getting everything back.
    For some reason the lugs wouldn't pull all the way forward which made it a nightmare getting the screws back in, it took the longest time!! There must be a knack to it.
    Thanks for all the help guys. Story finished.

2. X

X New Member

I couldn't snip the offending screw with pliers

Glad you got it sorted....

P.S. May I recommend you stop doing what ever it is that has weakened your grip

3. NikT

NikT New Member

I couldn't snip the offending screw with pliers

Glad you got it sorted....

P.S. May I recommend you stop doing what ever it is
    that has weakened your grip

:^O...:O...:(

4. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Thought I would start a new thread for this as nobody
    will read the old thread but I hope Mrs Bojangle saw
    my response to her scathing attack on me.

It was hardly a scathing attack, you funny little man. I told you that you were jumping on the bandwagon by joining those who were having yet another go at Andy.

I simply cannot abide group-bullying.

I couldn't snip the offending screw with pliers and
    had to resort to the hacksaw whilst being careful not
    to damage the stainless steel plate.

I advised you to take care to avoid the possibility of such damage - hardly a scathing attack.....

I had no idea that you were too limp-wristed to use the pliers (thinly veiled scathing attack).

As soon as I undid it I could see the problem as
    predicted, live wire hanging in space.

Yes, well you would say that now, wouldn't you?

Andy had doubts about the alleged fault in the switch, and as you had not stated it was an override switch, his observation was wholly reasonable. It was certainly not deserving of the subsequent attack upon him, largely by people trying to settle old scores.

He also remarked on the need for an isolating switch, due to the permanent live and the switched live at the PIR. This too was entirely reasonable.

And yes, I find your previous posts to be full of blame seeking, against those who have worked in your house.

But the post that reveals your devious nature most is the one last year where you said that you were having a problem with your PIR security light:

According to you, your kitchen was rewired, and they "introduced an isolating switch and fuse" (sic).

And: "Ever since then the light packs up at regular intervals and I have had to replace it."

You wondered at that time whether the "13-Amp fuse was letting too much electricity through" to the PIR light, and that perhaps the electrician was to blame for not fitting a smaller, 5-Amp fuse.

However, you now claim, on the other thread, that that FCU was to supply the garden shed......

So, which of your little stories is true?

Perhaps when you return, you'll try to resist fanning other people's flames, until you have grown to know and hate them well enough. Try not to take this personally dear, it's your football team, Lucky Arsenal that I really despise.

Marj x

5. mr bojangles

mr bojangles Member

norma you've got to learn to let it lie and move on,you're becoming the new ant1981.

6. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

I seen something on the TV i think wilkinsons may stock it.
    its a reversed drill bit it bites into the head of the screw and pulls it out.
    never thought id be sending people to wilkinsons but that's where i seen um.

7. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

I seen something on the TV i think wilkinsons may
    stock it.
    its a reversed drill bit it bites into the head of
    the screw and pulls it out.
    never thought id be sending people to wilkinsons but
    that's where i seen um.
    It was on the Telly ,buy from Woolies £4.99 and it included a drill type reamer bit

8. MRWONG006

MRWONG006 New Member

So what was the fault with the PIR then? they said that was the problem.

9. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

"So what was the fault with the PIR then? they said that was the problem."
    There was no fault with the PIR Mr Wong. That was just a rumour put out by those trying to discredit me!

10. MRWONG006

MRWONG006 New Member

Well glad you fixed the problem Boy. Check in now & again see whats happening on here.

11. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

The scathing attack as you well know Mrs Bojangles is you saying I never thank anybody. I gave ample evidence to the contrary. That was lowballing and in contravention of the Charter Of Fundamental Rights of the European Union Article 11.

You say “yes, well you would say that wouldn’t you”Actually Mrs Bojangles I did say that, I said it originally, I said “I assume the wiring has come loose”Why do you accuse me of being devious? I cannot understand this constant barrage of comments against my character? I didn’t “blame” anybody as you suggest. Where did I say “the electrician was to blame”?I said “the fuse is 13 amp they have put in, is that my problem…..would have thought it should have been 5 amps” That is asking for advice not apportioning blame. But as it so happens, Mr HandyAndy agreed with me!! (Are you out there Mr HandyAndy , you’re alright mate!)

You have missed your vocation Mrs Bojangles, you should have been a newspaper editor, you would have been in your element misquoting left, right and centre!

As for your closing comments about me making contradictory comments about the FCU, good god, my comments went right over your head by a mile; you must be loosing your touch? In my original post you said
    “I wouldn’t be surprised to read that there is also a fused spur”
    At the time another post “Freezer in Shed” was running and running and running with over 200 posts about FCU in garden shed, freezer, no RCD etc.,. So I tried to introduce a bit of humour (to show that I am standing up to your constant attempts to put me down) by linking my reply to your question to that post.

Oh, and by the way Mrs Bojangles, Mr Bojangles told me earlier on that you watched Arsenal on the telly last night and were cheering them on.