Alarm question - adding a wireless receiver

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by BlueDuck, May 9, 2007.

1. BlueDuck

BlueDuck New Member

Hi there

Any alarm fitters that could advise me......

I would like to add another PIR to my Texecom alarm system but don’t want to run a cable on the surface. Hiding the cable is not an option.

I have purchased a Keystone Wireless PIR and a keystone receiver. I understood that the receiver wires into the main panel.

On all the other zones, they are a continuous loop and when the PIR is triggered the loop is broken which would set the alarm off. Simple.

The Keystone is slightly different in that there is a +12v coming from the receiver in normal state and if the PIR is triggered this falls momentarily to zero.

Now my question is how can I connect this to my Texecom system?

The only way I can think of doing it is to get a relay which is holds a loop closed by the 12v of the receiver and would obviously break the loop when power is lost which would set the alarm off. This seems a bit of a bodge and I don’t like it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    R

2. RMH

RMH New Member

Keystone do a RX version with a relay output, could you not exchange the receiver?
    Failing that I'm afraid its a relay jobbie, not ideal I know.
    Just make sure the relay you use is surpressed!