Heating problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dutchy8, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Dutchy8

Dutchy8 New Member

Moved into my latest house recently and noticed that when i switch the water on a few of the rads heat up, this with the heating switched off and the dial temp set at zero, anyone know what the problem could be and how much roughly it will be to get it fixed?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Bungditin.

Bungditin. New Member

what you've got is a faulty motorised valve costing around £50-60.Take about an hour i would charge you £100.

3. plummit

plummit New Member

You could well be right dibble,
    But I think that I would like more info. on the system prior to passing any judgement !!.
    What if there are no two or three port valves ?.

4. v12man

v12man New Member

You can diagnose this yourself. Make sure that you know where all the components are ie port valve and controls. Turn the control to hw only and check the discharge from the valve. If it goes to the cylinder coil then it is correct. If it goes to ch then its knackered. Repeat the same with the demand from ch only, that will tell you if it is a valve problem.

Other than that call the professionals!!

V12

5. plummit

plummit New Member

What if the cylinder does not have a coil ?.

6. T482 

T482  New Member

> What if the cylinder does not have a coil ?.

what if your skull doesn't have a brain? (very likely)

7. plummit

plummit New Member

Good point T421,
    Please explain to me then if the system is not fully pumped, and has a primatic cylinder, and obviously has no motorised valves.

8. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Busy tonight T482. Your helpful contributions could easily fit into a nutshell and still leave room for the nut.