Smelly eggy cold water!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by brj080402, Feb 5, 2008.

1. brj080402

brj080402 New Member

Hi all,

Sometimes more in the morning after the wife has showered or the tap has been running a while cleaning teeth or something, the water seems to smell really bad! Sometimes lasting till we get home from work! I suppose it could come from the toilet water too.

Also if we take water to bed the next morning it can taste funny.

Any thoughts?

We are getting a new boiler in next week but I suppose binning our old system won't sort it but I can at least ask the plumber to look at while he's there.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott

2. sooyar

sooyar New Member

It's probably just a dead rat in your loft tank.

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

or bird or squirrel

or you live in a spa area where there is a natural sulphur content in the water.

or your water authority has messed up the treatment - not unknown.

Get your supplier to test it - after getting the bodies out of the loft tank ;)

4. sooyar

sooyar New Member

If the water's alright out of your kitchen sink, start buying bottled to brush your teeth or do it downstairs.

5. brj080402

brj080402 New Member

The water tase the next day can be from either tap but the smell is worse from the bathroom!

6. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

The water tase the next day can be from either tap
    but the smell is worse from the bathroom!

Are you sure this is the water and not a drain problem. My kitchen sink used to smell vile until I cleaned the trap.

7. brj080402

brj080402 New Member

Could be! Is this a drain outside or in the house somewhere? Sorry, this is my first house! :)

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Where-abouts are you? Some spa areas do have a slightly odd tang. If it's the drains or traps though they might need seeing to

9. brj080402

brj080402 New Member

In Arbroath, Angus, Scotland mate. 2 much fish **** floating about the town! :)