is thomson local a good idea

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by corky2904, Feb 17, 2008.

1. corky2904

corky2904 New Member

Hi Guy's
    been in the yellow pages but not as good as i hoped. does anyone advertise in the thomson local? is it any good, I have been offered a credit card size ad for £350 is it worth it?

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

3. bedspoolplayer

bedspoolplayer New Member

hi tryed before was rubbish waste of money m8 but they still keep ringing u every year good luck

4. freecall

freecall Member

been in it for last 2 years and was no good.last year tried a larger ad with the nectar points bo##o#s which cost me £800 and got one call which resulted in a £30 return on ad cost.we are in preston,lancs.may work in some areas better that others.not bothered with them this year and really been stalked by sales team.i use yellow pages and get alot of work from them at half the cost of thompsons.

5. VW MAN

VW MAN New Member

What part of the country are you from corky?

6. corky2904

corky2904 New Member

im on the boarder with halifax and bradford why?

7. VW MAN

VW MAN New Member

Just wondered cos I bumped into an old mate of mine (he's a plumber in York) and he said that cos the local training centre pumps out loads of wanabees on a weekly basis that work was in short supply, maybe thats a factor in why works slow at the mo?