Missing Boiler documentation

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by charlie30, Jun 6, 2008.

1. charlie30

charlie30 Member

Is it possible to complete a bench mark book some time after a boiler has been installed? It's basically gone astray along with 2 years worth of service records.

The corgi certificate of compliance is not missing however.

In this situation would any heating engineer be able to help with completing a bench mark book (along with details of commissioning)? Just ordered a blank book from Worcester Bosch, just need it completed!

Unfortunately the original corgi installer is not working.

Cheers for the answers.

2. wetneck

wetneck New Member

Have a quiet word with Worcester,they may lend a sympathic ear to your probs.I doubt very much any Corgi man filling out that form.I think you only get 1 year warranty but could be wrong.if you contact Worcester I,m sure theyll give you guidance. Good Luck

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

4. charlie30

charlie30 Member

Cheers for the responses, I have a copy of a blank bench mark book, I just need it completed. That is the commissioning section, not the past service records!

Have any engineers here ever been paid to complete a boiler commissioning?
    there's lots of detail to complete, heat output, flow rates, etc.

5. mantor

mantor New Member

I'd commission it for you and fill in the book with today's date for £100, if you want it dated two years ago I'll do that an all for £1000.

6. charlie30

charlie30 Member

I would of course only expect the date to be filled in the today's date. But for £100, would the information recorded be accurate?

The boiler comes with an extended 2 year warranty with plenty left on it, but obviously valid only with the necessary documentation.

Corgi certificate is available (but if thats lost I can always re-order one from Corgi, unlike the commissioning doc!).

7. wetneck

wetneck New Member

I'd commission it for you and fill in the book with
    today's date for £100, if you want it dated two years
    ago I'll do that an all for £1000.

Well Well,Mantor showing your true colours.thats hideous,but didnt expect anything else.sleep well

8. mantor

mantor New Member

I'd commission it for you and fill in the book
    with
    today's date for £100, if you want it dated two
    years
    ago I'll do that an all for £1000.

Well Well,Mantor showing your true colours.thats
    hideous,but didnt expect anything else.sleep well

yeah, well done "wet behind the ears", I knew you'd bite on that one. Anyone with any sense of course, would have realised straight away that that was not a serious offer. I'd have wanted two grand at least to backdate it.
    In case you still don't understand, I was pointing out to the op that his post looked a bit shady. In my own inimitable way of course, which is obviously a bit too subtle for you.
    Note to self, When posting on screwfix always remember to simplify posts down to * level, so wetneck can understand them.

[Edited by: admin8]

9. We often check and commission boilers and fill in the Benchmark Certificate.

We charge £84 in our local area.

Its usually because the installer has gone AWOL or was discovered not to be CORGI registered.

What we cannot do is to notify CORGI as if we had made the installation ourselves. We can but we have to remove and reinstall the boiler for which we charge £180.

Tony

10. charlie30

charlie30 Member

I think boiler documentation goes missing in many homes but its the sort of thing that doesn't seem to have a straight solution too.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

11. MeeloMeelo

MeeloMeelo New Member

Hi guys,

I have a similar question, it's been about 2-3 years since my new boiler was installed. I made a full plans application to building control that included a note of the new boiler installation plus several other bits of work (additional cloakroom, removal of chimney breasts etc.). The plumber who installed the boiler was CORGI registered, but I didn't receive any paperwork after the installation.

Now we are trying to sell the property in question, the buyer's solicitor will not accept that the building control completion certificate is enough and wants the benchmark documentation. I am meeting with the plumber on Friday, but he seems reluctant to commit to what he can actually issue me with now and says I should have had the right paperwork at the time, which isn't much use to me as I didn't get it from him. What would be the procedure if someone had misplaced or wasn't issued with a CORGI certificate or benchmark log book at the time of installation (I didn't misplace it by the way) - can the same installer issue this sort of thing so long after the work was done as it was just an oversight?

12. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Just tell the buyers solicitor that you have lost it. Its not the end of the world and its not a legal requirement to have it.

13. garyt

garyt Member

You could get a gas safe engineer to commission the boiler and check the system, this can be done any time in its life, if i added a few rads to a system the boiler would need commissioning again anyhow. Registration through building control is your reponsability since gas safe took over and all you need to do is explain the situation and have them pop round, not sure what they will charge. I would charge £200 for a full system check and bench mark with current date and one service completed and filled out, but thats me. Also if you phone the boiler manufacturer and give your post code and boiler serial you'll be able to see if its been registered with building control.