Unvented cylinder.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Got asked to look at a cylinder whilst on holiday in france.It was an unvented cylinder about 1200 high by 450.Any way Hot water was supplied by immersion and was leaking from prv valve.This got me worried.It had an outlet on the top of the cylinder by means of a long flexi about a meter long to hot copper pipe.
    On the bottom of the tank the cylinder was connected to mains pipe by a flexi connected to a 7 bar prv which was trickling out,This tank was put in by a plumber in france about a week before.
    Ive not seen this before so what you guys think is this right.By the way i walked from the job.

2. mantor

mantor New Member

Ive not seen this before so what you guys think is this right.By the way i walked from the job.

You shouldn't have walked to it, you mingebag. You were supposed to be on holiday weren't you.

3. Aquarius

Aquarius New Member

I lived in france for a while (hated it), most of the plumbing is done either by a builder or DIY, as long as they get some water out the other end they dont care.

4. I was having a drink in a bar when i got chatting to the bar man and he asked what i did,I said im a plumber and he offered my free beer to take a look at the tank,Anything for free beer.eh lads

5. rome60

rome60 New Member

So you just took a look & got your free beer good customer :D:D:D

6. RenewableEnergyMan

RenewableEnergyMan New Member

Got asked to look at a cylinder whilst on holiday in
    france.It was an unvented cylinder about 1200 high by
    450.Any way Hot water was supplied by immersion and
    was leaking from prv valve.

Pressure reducing valve or Pressure relief valve? the 7bar pressure relief valve dripping is the normal way that they deal with expansion on the continent - they are allowed to expand to waste. No expansion vessel, no seperate safety valve. just let the PRV lift as the unit heats up.

This got me worried.It had
    an outlet on the top of the cylinder by means of a
    long flexi about a meter long to hot copper pipe.
    On the bottom of the tank the cylinder was connected
    to mains pipe by a flexi connected to a 7 bar prv
    which was trickling out,

If the reducing valve on the incoming mains was leaking then it is faulty.

This tank was put in by a
    plumber in france about a week before.
    Ive not seen this before so what you guys think is
    this right.By the way i walked from the job.

prolly best -you'll have been ****** by that time on the free beer :)

REM