IET

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by NOTTSELEC, Dec 12, 2008.

1. NOTTSELEC

NOTTSELEC New Member

Hi is anyone here members of the IET, is so what do you get out of it

2. BIG LEROY

BIG LEROY New Member

When I was a member, all I got out of it was an annual bill.

Oh, and some nice initials after my name too.

My name was to be BLT IET.

Sounded like a feckin sub of the day I did!

3. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

I am, but to be honest bar the 'posh' letters after my name that's about it bar a few magazines a year.

I don't even use their forum much as a) it's no fun and b) some scroat pinched my username!

4. what

what New Member

I am lucky being at college still i get a disscount and end up paying 12 quid a year and get 20percent diss on all the books came in good for the regs and on site guide ( when it finally came out) so I saved more than my 12 quid a year I have laid out so far

5. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

the two chaps ext and thick leery think joining a chat forum makes them part of the IEE they will never be there unless they are the cleaners

6. BIG LEROY

BIG LEROY New Member

mr silly, how do you know I'm thick?

Did ya bird tell ya?

7. state-it

state-it New Member

that's about it bar a few magazines a year.

...And you get those sent to you free if you want even if you're not a member !! :^O

8. Stoday

Stoday New Member

I got out of the IET (or IEE as it then was) in 1979. They got up my nose by sinking the Finneston Report.

The engineering institution bigwigs got together and formed the Council of Engineering Institutions to thwart Finneston. All against the general membership's interests IMO.

9. andyspark

andyspark Active Member

I'm a member and for me its worth it.
    Some customers (particularly local councils)often stipulate you need to be a member of the NICEIC. But very often you will also see that the IEE will do as well.

As a member of NAPIT (and not NICEIC) this has often got me work that I may not have been able to tender for.

I've no axe to grind with the IEE (IET) but I definately have with NIC shower.

10. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

I don't even use their forum much as a) it's no fun and b) some scroat pinched my username!

big fish ,small pond more like

we'd eat you alive

11. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

oops sorry, they'd i meant