mini digger

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Big Fat Stu, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

hey all anyone know were i can pick up a cheap second hand mini or micro digger, the smaller the better (do they do half tonne mini diggers?) um yer any help appreciated, oh im in norfolk area but will travel for a cheap mini digger

2. hammer47

hammer47 New Member

come over too belfast an ill sort ya one out for cheap lad?be in good nick too

3. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

ok so maybe belfast is too far to travel haha was thinking more under a hundred miles of travel. thanks tho, do u no if they do half tonne diggers

4. try ebay, but when u pick it up, check u aint pickin it up from a gypo and that it says tp hire on the side

5. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

ha very good advice, went to see one advertised in a local paper a few months ago and walked when i saw the large hire stickers slapped all over the machine, thought a digger for £500 was to good to be true

6. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Could be the hire company had sold it off?

I mean, if you stole a digger from a hire company to sell on, surely the first thing you'd do is remove all the stickers?

Should have been easy enough to phone up the hire company to see if it was legit - or to tell them where to find their missing digger?!

7. ­

­ New Member

Ex-hire diggers are sold all the time, what else do you think the hire company does with it's older ones?

8. devil's advocate

So BFS missed on on a bargie?

9. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

very doubtful it was a bargain i missed out on, not a scratch on a digger and only £500, a nicked opne i think!

10. slapiton

slapiton New Member

hammers digger probably was left overnight in norfolk.

11. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

lol nice one. can u get a half ton digger?

12. mike pcs

mike pcs New Member

13. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

lol nice one. can u get a half ton digger?

You can, but I wouldn't get anything less than 1 ton. It will not be much bigger so you can still get inside buildings and you will have more reach and power.

Mini diggers hold their price well so they're never very cheap unless they're stolen.

14. devil's advocate

That's the best idea, l-c; buy one , use it, and sell it on.

(Personally, I think BFS should report the dodgy one he saw to the 'owners' and when they recover it, he could ask them for a loan for being a good citizen... :))

15. Big Fat Stu

Big Fat Stu New Member

hey all, thanks for all ur help. gave my local hire frm a ring and asked if they had 'lost' a digger, gave them details of where there misplaced digger was and now am getting a v good price on hire of one!!! thanks again guys