Average invoice value

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dyke Pullover, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

Hi gents what do you reckon your average invoice value is? Not boiler work please want to make sure I am charging a true and fair price. And yes I look forward to your replies.

2. imran_

imran_ New Member

That's a poor measure - you'd be better looking at gross profit per invoice value, turnover per customer, etc. That way you can work out what business is profitable and what you need to charge more for or drop.

e.g. if I do £100 worth of leak fixing and a month later I get a £10k bathroom refurb for the same customer, what does my average invoice tell me?

3. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

I was only asking Imran and as you only deal with mansions you are probably not the best to ask.

I am just trying to establish some facts as the minimum that I do a job for is £50. IE tap washers iso valves.

4. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

Our charges in london are £70 per 30 minutes, most small jobs we do on a fixed rate of £70, + parts, most things gas safety such as servicing or CP12 etc £45,boiler repair £70 if one visit + parts if we dont stock the parts on the van its another £70 to go and get them, if more than one job at the same time, 2nd job or more upto half price.

Outside london it £50 per half hour, but once again most small jobs are done in the £50.

Jacen

5. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

Thankyou easylife for a sensible answer, something which happens to be very rare here.

6. imran_

imran_ New Member

£158 as you asked. But then we do a lot of small jobs for not a lot of money - so that we win the big business.

Our repeat business sales and sales from recommendations acount for most of our business which keeps our marketing costs down to a total minimum (much less than a Yellow Pages ad).

7. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

Yellow pages look like they might be in trouble as their share price has just rocketed down to 33p and still falling. from a feb 2007 high of 640p

Jacen

8. Dyke Pullover

Dyke Pullover New Member

They keep ringing and texting me, not intrested at all.

9. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

The way their share price is going, be able to buy the company soon.

I'll be kind and not say anything bad about anyone working there. Even thou it took them 3 months to correct a wrong phone number they had listed for us on yell.com & then they expect us to pay them for it.
    News for them, canceled all the yell.com ads

Now look at them, on their knees.

Jacen