Worcester 350 Combi - hot water problem when heating not on..

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by JoeyJR, May 13, 2009.

1. JoeyJR

JoeyJR New Member

Hi there

I would really appreciate some help here. I do not get really hot water via my boiler any more, unless the heating is also on.

When the heating is not on, and I turn the hot water taps on, the radiators also get hot.

Can someone indicate what the problem would be please?

thanks

J

2. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Most likely to be the diverter valve.
    Can be other things, but thats the favourite.
    Tappy,

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

it sounds like divertor valve from the description,so agree with the above post

4. ponty 01

ponty 01 New Member

replaced a few diverter valves to these boilers, to be honest the boiler is very old and diverter valve is over £100 so would would consider putting that money towards a new boiler

5. Northwest gas svc's

Northwest gas svc's New Member

Well there's 3 people that dont know what they are talking about.
    And Hunter ?!?! you ve actually changed a few diverter valves on the worcester 350 ? because I find that amazing because this boiler doesnt have a diverter valve.
    Surprised old d1ck didnt see this one and rip in to you all.

6. Northwest gas svc's

joey
    Try the non return valves in the PUMP'S
    Now wait for all the sheep to add their comments (like they really know what theyre talking about)

7. ponty 01

ponty 01 New Member

you are right ,im sorry i was thinking of the 280, early morning posting should be done while im awake, oh and dont try and tar me with the same brush as others on here,i think we are all entitled to the odd mistake:;

8. Northwest gas svc's

Nice try , Hunter , but the 280 would not give the fault he is describing, ie hot water warm when the heating is on ! When the diverter fails on the 280 it is in the hot water position, so loads of hot water .Try another boiler you was thinking about.