Police stop....Over the top?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by scudo sparky, Jul 29, 2009.

1. scudo sparky

scudo sparky New Member

Got a tug off the old bill and vosa today. Weighbridge check, tax, insurance,HM customs and excise, diesel check etc.
    One side light was off on the van. 1.5 hours later i am still there while other checks were done.
    Now i know the sidelight was out, so therefore an offence had been committed but does common sense not tell these people that with everything else being OK, then perhaps i had no idea the sidelight was out?
    I was then given a piece of paper and told to report to an MOT station who would stamp this paper after the bulb had been replaced, non receipt of this paper(you have 14 days to return it) would result in a summons.
    At the same time, a scrap man is pulled in an old Sherpa pick up, he was found to be over weight and told if he can get somebody there to take the excess he can go on his merry way!
    I feel a bit agreeved and annoyed.
    Rant over.

2. fooman

fooman New Member

The MOT stations charge you £10 for the privilege

3. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Scudo, and that's why many cops lose the respect of decent, honest, law-abiding citizens - and you.

Mind you, pulling over the scrap man just 'cos he was a tad fat is a bit much.

4. TW@

TW@ New Member

omg how boring but expected from an idiot like yourself

5. bigjules

bigjules New Member

Perhaps his lights were all working??

6. seemless

seemless New Member

Who the ** are they to stop you going about your business?

They can tell from you reg if you're legit or not.

They're wasting our precious time.

If it happens again then just drive off unless they're prepared to pay you £30+ per hour for every hour they want to keep you.

VOSA = Very Obstute Stupid *

[Edited by: admin]

7. lightning bolt

lightning bolt New Member

got a tug of old bill :) was it good

8. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

You should be glad a police chopper didn't loom overhead :^O

9. lightning bolt

lightning bolt New Member

or his truncheon and helmet

10. markespark

markespark Member

same thing, got pulled in my road! bulb blown on rear tail light. told the copper that i only live up the road & will fit a new lamp when i get home - not happy with that had to take van to mot centre & then take form to local police station, what a waste of time !

On the other side - ive had my tools nicked from my van three times from my front drive NEVER SEEN AN * COPPER! they cant be bothered to come round.
    yet still nick me 3 times for doing 34/35 & 34 mph in a 30 limit - yes i know its speeding - but * me!

[Edited by: admin]

11. sysparks

sysparks New Member

They do this to get the riff raff off the roads,i think its good, they prob got at least 50 illegal drivers off that road that day.

A friend of mine was hit by an unlicensed uninsured driver, lost his no claims even tho it wasnt his fault, this other driver hadnt got a penny, jus scraped enough together to get an old banger, so it cost my friend hundreds of pounds of lost no claims bonus.

12. seemless

seemless New Member

Agree it's to get some people off the roads but they can check you on the PNC without leaving their car.

Tossing time wasters.

13. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

totally agree syspark ,I am sure the coppers can tell a tos ser a mile off so they had a bit of sport with scuba

cheers

14. idontlikeit

idontlikeit New Member

tug hehe i like that

15. TW@

TW@ New Member

the wrecking team is here tehe i like it i do move it move it

16. sysparks

sysparks New Member

Turtle, thats the case sometimes, but some of the clever ones clone their car by finding a similar legal car and copying the number plate. Or there could be something else the PNC cant spot.

Im sure 10 or 20mins of our time wont kill us, its part of the coppers job to police the roads too.

17. Guest

18. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Markespark, another perfect example of classic misjudgement by a local bobby.

What is he trying to prove, ***?

The lack of human understanding is complete.

Don't they have any comprehension of how the human psyche works? If he'd said "Ok then - you drive up the road to your home and I'll follow behind to make sure you're safe..." you'd have nothing but glowing respect for the 'force', AND you'd get your lamp sorted pronto - I'm pretty sure.

And even the cop would have a warm glow of a 'job' well handled.

But, instead, a twitty jobsworth has alienated yet another decent, law-abiding citizen (I'm guessing here...).

But, then, there are these speeding tickets...

19. 12benny

12benny New Member

Why do Customs and Excise get involved?

20. TonkaToy

TonkaToy New Member

Customs and Excise would be checking that you aren't using red diesel - i.e. evading duty.