Pilot Light Detection

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by grey heron, Sep 2, 2009.

1. PTFE

PTFE Member

I didn't call you a **, I said that you'd made a c#nt of yourself. There's a difference.

Like you don't have to be stupid to do a stupid thing.

Oh never mind I'm going to bed!

[Edited by: admin]

2. silversurfer$$

silversurfer$$ New Member

You clearly have no idea of electrical or electronic engineering 5k ohms is 5k ohms if its measured through a thermistor or a pot there is no difference they are the same one just alters its resistance in relation to its temp, the other alters its resistance depending on where its set. So for fault finding if you dont have a spare thermistor just to check you can attach a pot and set it to the desired resistance. Its just a handy tool for the box and not a substitution, the board or firmware cannot tell the difference.

Perhaps you should have taken my advice and bought yourself one of those electronic for dummies.

Now if i am a six week course guy then im making you look really stupid.

So lets here some of you handy fault finding tips ??

j

End of thread

3. Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue New Member

You clearly have no idea of electrical or electronic
    engineering 5k ohms is 5k ohms if its measured
    through a thermistor or a pot there is no difference they are the same one just alters its resistance in
    relation to its temp,
    the other alters its resistance

This is where you have just made an **** of yourself!

A potentiometer can be set to give a FIXED voltage drop i.e limit the current to a certain value for a fixed voltage.

A thermistor is active not a passive device like a potentiometer i.e changes it's resistance in relation to temp for example, either decreasing or increasing voltage drop, current flow.

so they are not the same thing and that is how modern boilers and many other electronic controlled systems operate.

I think I am more qualified than you! O'Level science old man.

4. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

5. Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue New Member

Hey CB you keep hounding me!

I've told you I'm not plumbing and electrical but like santa you won't believe it.

Is their another link or is this the only one you keep putting up in relation to the above mentioned poster.

Sounds to me he had YOU rattled, after all i have read many post's! including your's and plumbing and electrical seems to me by far in a way more knowledgeable by a long shot.

IT MUST BOTHER YOU BECAUSE YOU KEEP REFERRING TO IT.

I think this stinks of inadequacy, after all! your not really like on the sparks forum are YOU?

6. mad.max

mad.max New Member

electrical but like santa you won't believe it.

Santa DOES beleive!

7. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

blimey p&e, you're about as transparent as one of those see through thingies