Paslode PPN35i

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by bigwavedave, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bigwavedave

bigwavedave New Member

Don't post much on here but I am a regular lurker.

Today I took delivery of the Paslode PPN35i.

The positive placement nailer for twist nails.

Brilliant bit of kit.

Buy one.

2. evo nut

evo nut New Member

hi dave,

looking at getting one myself but what is the length of nail range like?

evo nut

3. bigwavedave

bigwavedave New Member

They only fix Paslode 35mm twist nails. They use the new gas system so other 'brands' are not available.

If you fix a lot of truss clips, jiffy hangers or trusses with top hats then they are well worth the investment.

Although the nails are expensive compared to standard twist nails the time saving is exceptional.

Dave

4. Doink

Doink New Member

Without wanting to be funny but is that all they do?

Seems an expensive toy if so.

5. bigwavedave

bigwavedave New Member

Yep that is all they do.

Attic trusses with top hats, seventeen trusses, thats sixty eight plates to nail, each plate needs sixty twist nails, thats four thousand and eighty nails per roof just on the nail plates, then add on the truss clips, not forgetting the jiffy hangers and z clips on the joists.

Expensive toy paid for.

6. Doink

Doink New Member

Yeah fair point,do they go through the steel or do you have to line the gun up somehow with the holes?

7. bigwavedave

bigwavedave New Member

There is a probe (ooer missus) on the nose piece. You put this on/in the hole of clip etc. to be fixed. When you fire the nail it knocks the probe out of the way and the nail goes in the hole.

I did not use the gun on the example above today, but bought it because I have the job to do in a week or so. When I did the same type of job last year I wished there was a tool for the job and now there is!

Today I used the nailer to fix forty truss clips. I missed the hole a couple of times and the nail went through the clip ok.

8. s.bury

s.bury Member

4080 twist nails per roof?? - you make attic trusses? - not done that in yonks! That must take ages and be so numbingly tedious to do 4080 times. Is RSI a real threat?

9. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

no he said attic trusses with tophats ie attic truss that need the top putting on so 17 trusses x 4 plates = 68

10. evo nut

evo nut New Member

sounds great would be handy for arris rail bracket fencing!

just nned a job of that at work so i can buy one!

evo nut

11. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i thought about getting a bostich strapshot a while ago. When things pick up i might invest

12. s.bury

s.bury Member

why not just get a Hilti - mine fires into wood, concrete steel etc...My dynamik 90 fires 90mm into wood and concrete happily and lighter than the passy. Plus the blue is sexier than the orange and that is the main thing.