Painting Newly Plastered Walls & Ceiling

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Richi, Nov 14, 2009.

1. polly222

polly222 Member

And with you.

2. divorce is strong with me.... :)

3. Polly
    To answer in detail

"Did i say just because i do a mist coat this way that everyone has to do it the way i do no i didnt."

I know

"So what your saying is the way you do it is the right way i said thats the way i have miss coated for years and i have never had any problems."

No what I said was as far as I am aware mist coating represents best practice.

"And does it make you feel big coming out with all these big words. That you wouldnt know if it wasnt for google."

I have a university education, a strong knowledge of chemistry, have more than 10 years experience and I have worked with many excellent decorators - why would I need to Google everything? Some of the finer points of chemistry I learn about on Wikipedia - it is interesting for me to do this. I also have an IQ of 152, have had a book and articles published... I could go on, but basically cope with the 'big words' and learn some respect.

THE END.

4. polly222

polly222 Member

Britney
    what you have told me about your self is that suppose to impress me because it doesnt
    At the end of the day i dont know if your telling the truth and you dont know if i am.
    I thought this post was finished but i suppose you didnt have anything better to do so you started it again.
    Now why dont you go and google some more to help the little people hope your post makes you feel superior to us all. As i said before dont reply to any of my post you are boring me now.
    Cheers mate polly

5. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Hi Polly,

I trust you are keeping well.

I have drawn up an essay on mist coating and in order to ensure that you do not get bored I have restricted it to nineteen pages. I hope that you find the content impressive, especially some of the multi-syllable words that I have used.

Oh, *hit! I've deleted it in error. Never mind, I'll rewrite it another day.

Well, all the very best.

PS

If you're ever down my way, do call in for a drink and a chat.

;)

6. polly222

polly222 Member

Goodwill
    So nice to hear from you.
    I am gutted that you hit the error button i was looking forward to reading a nineteen page essay.
    I am having trouble sleeping and that would have been the ideal thing for me never mind i am sure i wont have to wait long for the next one.
    The invitation is open this way aswell.
    i am sure we would find loads to argue i mean talk about.
    Well have a good evening cheers mate polly

7. ~

~ New Member

glub

8. MAXAL pro painters.

MAXAL pro painters. New Member

This thread is hilarious. To put my two penneth in...knowing it's to late to help the poor soul who just wanted some simple advice...mist coat at 60% paint to 40% water. The goon who reckons anything else needs to hang up his brushes.

9. supertosh

supertosh Member

Do not thin the mist coat at your own peril. If you put neat emo on a bare plaster wall it will literally suck the paint of off your roller and leave whacking great tram lines that you will have to rub down if you want a decent finish. Your choice.

10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Yep - mist coat first. Trying to circumvent said is a futile and foolhardy exercise. I rest my case..:rolleyes: