NICEIC Approved Contractor

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by bluesparks, Nov 21, 2009.

1. bluesparks

bluesparks New Member

I have got my preliminary 1/2 day assesment on Monday to become an NICEIC Approved Contractor.

Can anyone give me any idea of what to expect and any advise.

Cheers.

2. lightning bolt

lightning bolt New Member

HASSLE its the nic :)

3. figaro

figaro New Member

What you asking us for? If you know your stuff it will be a walk in the park, if you dont, then it's your own fault for not knowing enough.

4. bluesparks

bluesparks New Member

your own fault for not knowing enough.

Thanks for answering a question I didn't ask !

5. edward current

edward current Active Member

just know all your testing and expected readings...

easy peazy

6. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

Have <u>all</u> paperwork ready and jobs close by to look at and don't let it last longer than 1/2 day or he will screw you for an extra £300 dabs. Dont let him rabbit on about the training courses that he does or for that matter anything that is not about your business. If it sounds like I'm disgruntled with the NICEIC its because I am as they ripped me off for the extra £300 dabs. I was the most courteous and polite person and nothing at all was found to be non compliant but because it took longer than 1/2 I had to pay the extra - barstewards.

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

I say Gerrin, that was a jolly bad show on NICEIC's part.

8. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

Yea, they really wiped my eye - it was down to the area engineer. When I complained to him he suggested that I wrote to the NICEIC to explain the situation. He said that the engineers needed more than 1/2 day but had to charge for it.

I did write to them (twice) and got standard reply letters both times - it was a complete waste of my time writing to them. I am glad to say that as I am now retired I will not be rejoining them next year. I was enrolled with NAPIT a few years ago and they were excellent.

9. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

If you have read their requirements, you should have everything in place they are likely to ask for.

As for the inspection of work, they will get you to test parts of it, the ring cct continuity being a hot one. FULL test, not as too many dodgers do, just end to end.

10. figaro

figaro New Member

Couldn't agree more NAPIT is the way forward.

11. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Been with the NIC for over ten years and never had an issue with them. If you know your stuff your fine.

12. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

<u>Been with the NIC for over ten years and never had an issue with them. If you know your stuff your fine.</u>

Lec, I think after 40 years I qualify "to know my stuff" and as stated no problems at all with work or paperwork. The issue was the area engineers ability to carry out the assessment within 1/2 day. His gripe was that there was too much to do to be completed within 1/2 day, starting at 9.15am

13. steve CF

steve CF New Member

on my preliminary 1/2 day assessment just as it was coming to a close the inspector said " can i just take a look at your own consumer unit as it gives me an idea of your standard of work. he had a quick look to see if any blanks were missing and all circuits were identified. Not sure if its standard practice of just one examiner personal thing.

14. seemless

seemless New Member

The 3rd and 4th repliers are *

The OP asked a simple question about an issue he's no experience of. He didn't ask how to do something electrical of which he didn't have experience.

Tossers!

[Edited by: admin]

15. seemless

seemless New Member

Sorry, just make that the 3rd replier.

I didn't see the 4th replier was the OP as the quote didn't work correctly!

16. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

figaro, you *
    You know all the dance boy???????????
    YOU *
    or do me *

[Edited by: admin]

17. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Re: NICEIC Approved Contractor
    Posted: Nov 21, 2009 1:06 PM Reply

What you asking us for? If you know your stuff it will be a walk in the park, if you dont, then it's your own fault for not knowing enough.
    SHUT UP BOY???????????????????
    or do me now boy??????????

18. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

"Can I do you now, sir".......

(Dorothy Summers ITMA).

x

19. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Very good love, but that horribable, so a so!:)