42in Samsung or Panasonic HD Ready Plasma TV Guys?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JP., Nov 25, 2009.

1. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

I have had my Panasonic 42 plasma for almost 2 years now. I can only tell you that I am very very happy with it. Came with 5yr warranty too.

2. nottsspark

nottsspark New Member

very interesting sparky308 thanks for that

just watchin the footy now and after messing about with the settings for an hour (theres so many options these days) i now have an absolute perfect pic on the new samsung :)

when theres an action replay the sharpness is amazing.......also fantastic on the xbox too

3. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

Hi JP,

I bought a panny 42" plasma 14 months ago for t wifey. Model No was 42THPX80b if I recall correctly. I got it after much deliberation and reviewing of reviews! Since I bought it my brother in law and one of my best mates have bought the self same. This in itself is not remarkable. BUT my bro.in law is the most fastidious, prudent, gadgety, Which subscribing, methodical men you could ever meet. Nearly ditto for best mate!

Anyhoo back to t box; Great pic quality, bass a bit poor, Black is blacker than blacker than black! Cheap too - I paid around £500. WAIT til after chrimbo mate and get one in sales mate.

4. oozzin

oozzin New Member

Samsung make the best screens

5. Barty74

Barty74 New Member

Word of caution, Check what is connected the the TV in shop, most use some form of high def signal to get the best picture then you go home and plug the aerial in and it doesnt look the same!
    Personally I agree that plasma is better than LCD, i would also buy full HD if your budget can stand it. Bear in mind that Hi def is here to stay, it will be coming to an aerial near you (trials are well under way of hi def over the air waves). HD ready screens do a pretty good job but there will always be an element of scaling which introduces those annoying artifacts and percieved blurring. One more thing, whatever you decide to buy, as soon as you plug it in, go straight to the menu and reduce the brightness and contrast settings...... i gaurantee they will be on or near 100% (makes it look good in the shops... yeah right!!)
    Its all down to personal preference, good luck!

Bart

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Afternoon lads and thanks for all the replies. I will go back to Tescos and have another look at all the TV's and make the final choice on what one to buy (will probably buy from Dixons in the end)

I think I will end up with either the Panny or Samsung (budget is no more then 550 squids for a TV)..will ask salesman if I can tweak them up just to see how the picture reacts etc.

Have a goodun lads, and cheers..:)

7. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

Hi john, could you please post a pic of the telly when you get it , preferably with a bottle of daddys sauce, a portion of whelks and a tin of pilchards in the foreground.

ta m8 have goodun