Help with Small Radiator bleed valve assembly

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by How?, Dec 22, 2009.

1. How?

How? New Member

I am trying to add some leak sealer through a towel rail to the central heating.
    The problem is that the blead valve is on the back of the rail. The outer ring of the valve is also smaller than the usual ones.
    Does anyone know what thread these smaller valves are, then I can get some sort of connector.
    Many thanks,

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You wont be able to add it there, drain down a bit, add via the filling loop or another rad.

3. imran_

imran_ New Member

Or, get a plumber to solve the leak properly - like the junk you've bought won't.

4. How?

How? New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I would normaly add 'stuff' to the top of the towel rail, but in this case, that seems not possible because of the small bleed valve?

And, does Sentinal, or Fernox CH leak sealer work or not?

It's on a combi, the pressure is dropping 0.5 bar daily, and no sign of a leak anywhere, nothing comming from the boiler, and all the pipes are in concrete floors, so, visual iinspection difficult. Options are to section of some of it and narrow it down, but thought the leak sealer worth a try,

Ta for your help,