Installing shower enclosure

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Welshmally, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Welshmally

Welshmally New Member

I'm just about to install a square Novellini shower enclosure. The diagram is not very clear - should it go (as I suspect)inside the upstand of the tray and by how much (i.e. hard against it or with a bit of clearance)?
    Many thanks

WM

2. Itandje

Itandje New Member

No, you have to balance it on the top of the upstand with glue to hold it steady. Got to go now so I'll look in later to see if you need any more help.

3. Welshmally

Welshmally New Member

Thanks for that. Very useful. I'll let you know how I get on. BTW should I invest in a Sky Hook to hold it while I shovel the glue in?

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Inside the upstand? The upstand is usually behind or below the tiles. I'm not sure what you mean.

The cubicles are normally sat on top of the flat tray surface and you start by positioning the upright about 1cm in from the edge. You can always assemble it loose first if you are not sure. Grab Mrs Mally to be your assistant.

5. Welshmally

Welshmally New Member

Ah, at last the voice of common sense!

Thw Novellini (New Build) trays have a small upstand all the way round. I've tiled over the two against the wall, so I assume that the panels go inside the others, but by how much?

I know it's for amateurs, but I'm going to give my Fugenboy it's maiden outing today - can't wait!! (Sad, innit?)

Cheers. WM

6. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Well then it has to fit inside the upstand doesn't it WM?

Not sold any of these trays yet - is it a matching pair - both from Novellini or is it a mix n match which is possibly incompatible?

7. Welshmally

Welshmally New Member

Cheers HD.

Yeah, both from Novellini. I was just wondering about whether I should place it hard against the upstand, or leave a bit of clearance?

Ive got the door - they forgot to send the side panel. Duh!

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Wait until you have both and then you can do a dry run before fixing.

9. Welshmally

Welshmally New Member

OK. Cheers all, and have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.