plastic pipe cutter

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tau, Jan 26, 2010.

1. tau

tau New Member

i was thinking of getting a plastic pipe cutter from screwfix catalogue ,could anybody recommend one. cheers

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

if its only for a one off use, use UR garden 'seceteurs'to cut the pipe.

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

do you mean a cutter for cutting plastic pipe, or a plastic pipe cutter for copper pipe ? the plastic pipe cutters for copper pipe are rubbish, they don't last 5 minutes,

4. B.Dover

B.Dover New Member

what size pipe you wanting to cut? rocut 42 are the ones to go for, dont sell em on here though

5. tau

tau New Member

Hi, yes i mean a cutter for a plastic pipe. Think it is 15mm.thanks

6. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

7. natrosol

natrosol New Member

Yeah,those cutters do the job,make a good cut as long as you keep it moving as you cut

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Thats an excellent pipe cutter made by john guest,I use that particular one and had mine for few years still going strong,so highly recommended

9. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Tom & Tony, it's quite interesting what Screwfix is selling. The John Guest cutter is £16.61 and says it cuts up to 22mm pipe, whereas the unbranded cutter is quite clearly identical and has been cast in the same factory, the only difference being that the John Guest cutter has their name embossed in a panel on the side where there is a blank panel on the unbranded cutter. However, the unbranded cutter says cuts pipe up to 26mm and only costs £8.95. It's quite clear that you are paying £7.66 for the name "John Guest" to be embossed on the side of the cutter.

BB