festool ts 55

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by south1, Feb 1, 2010.

1. south1

south1 New Member

anyone know of any cheap saw blades that will fit a festool ts 55 got an old saw on the van and need it to get me out of trouble but the blades knackered! dont fancie paying out for a festool blade so if anyone on here knows of a cheap and cheerfull alternative i would be very greatfull!!

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Somebody on eBay does these, I think he's called fitters world.

3. levelinuse

levelinuse New Member

Yes ebay fitters world guy blades pretty good although I bought same size and teeth in BnQ believe it or not a blade think basch or for bosche that fits was £20 last summer

4. Why do you want cheap blades when you've bought a really good quality saw.

I like to use Freud blades, always well balanced and can be re-sharpened multiple times.

5. south1

south1 New Member

the saw is old and abused im ashamed to say. dont really have much use for it alot of the time hence not wanting to spend £70 plus on a blade.

6. handymanforhire

handymanforhire New Member

lol - don't be ashamed, they're tough industrial tools, not collectors items.

The website you want is here - make sure you get the right blade as most of them are 2.4mm kerf, so they screw up the rubber strip on your guiderail.

You need the 2.2mm - and don't expect Festool-blade quality of cut, obviously...

HTH, Pete

7. !!

!! Active Member

Just get it sharpened, should be no more than 20p per tooth, I use the makita plunge saw, 8 blades in total always 4 off being sharpened while I blunt the others

8. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Last blade I had sharpened (still not been used yet) cost about £10 at the sawdoctors.