On my soap box, subject Pat Testing

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by wysiwyg19620, Feb 5, 2010.

1. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

Why oh why are pat testers classed as second rate citizens, not all of us do a second rate job you know and you cannot tell me that their are no second rate electricians either i started pat testing for a second income nearly two years ago, i have a website and i am registered as a sole trader with public liability insurance and i actually enjoy it, taking pride in my work and contributing a valuable professional service to the business community in my area. Ok i am not a qualified electrician but have underpinning knowledge of electricity and enjoy working with it. I am 48 years old, if i was younger i would retrain as an electrician and be bloody good at it, so as some of you put it, i am an olden but an olden who takes pride and care in giving a true reliable professional service. If pat testing is to demeaning for you then please pass it my way, I could do with the extra business.

Pete Jones likes this.
  2. Accaman

Accaman New Member

I might be able to tell you why after no 3000!!! ;)

I think its a cracking little job if ur busy,dont worry wat others say,u gotta be thick skinned to participate on this forum mate!!!!

3. edward current

edward current Active Member

pat testers cant even use propa englishh

portable applience tester testers (PAT tester) they should just be called pat not PAT testers...

anyway on a happier note, most people dis pats as its a complete waste of time and a scam for 99.9% of modern appliences

4. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

a waste of time and a scam eh, tell that to the owner of one company which had a huge potential fire risk and another whose employees could have been injured due to failed insulation on a packing machine, or how about another with split leads with bare wires on an appliance, this are but a few. daydreeeema your name says it all

5. No problem with PAT testers but someone your age should be able to spell and use sentences and paragraphs - it would make it so much easier to understand what your saying.

I hope that when you write to clients or prepare quotes that you use better English than you have used here.

Folk on here see one huge para and they can't be bothered to read it. Isn't this much easier to read?

6. lamps

lamps New Member

so are all sparks... pat testerist is that what your saying

7. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

There is nothing wrong with my spelling.

why do you have to be so patronising

can you read this now talk about my English or perhaps

you just need GLASSES

8. sparkglyn

sparkglyn New Member

PAT testers get riled easy.

9. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

Also you say that one big paragraph people cannot be bothered to read it, well that sums it up, any little problem just pass it over or do half a job.

10. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

the heading is on my soapbox... but just for the record i am not just a pat tester i also have city and guilds in welding and welding technology i am also certificated in Malting, nvq's in meat and poultry and also advanced food hygiene qualifications.

11. lamps

lamps New Member

i think you also got out of bed the wrong side
    go and have a nice nap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

ok pal, wtf is malting?

13. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

hang on pal, just googled it, does it mean you make homebrew?

14. sparkglyn

sparkglyn New Member

If you have meat and poultry qualifications why demean yourself by doing PAT testing?

15. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

The abattoir i worked in shut down, none left in this area now. Malt is made from barley which goes in beer we supply carlsberg and other large and small brewers it also goes in other food stuffs

16. jackts

jackts New Member

17. wysiwyg19620

wysiwyg19620 New Member

thanks jackst for the vote of confidence. I have taken a look at your website.

As for the post that said why demean myself i do not beleive i am. I wanted to work for myself and set up a business for myself with a lowish initial outlay. If it goes pear shaped i will not lose my house etc.

Mind you do not think i could ever use pat testing alone for an income.

18. Accaman

Accaman New Member

Im a bit partial to malt loaf..;)