Shower Cubicle

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by SimplyDIY, Mar 8, 2010.

1. SimplyDIY

SimplyDIY New Member

Hi
    Can you folk tell me some names of good quality shower enclosures and the best place to buy. I appreciate a lot will hinge on what I want to spend and you tend to get what you pay for. I've got a new Mira power shower to put in and want similar sort of quality for the enclosure, up to about £600 for a 780mm corner entry type. I'll also ask the tilers as i guess they fit a few too.
    Thanks.

2. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Let me get this straight Simple, you are going to spend how much on a 760MM shower cubical. *** son, do you live in a caravan??? I think you'd be better spending your money on a house!!

3. SimplyDIY

SimplyDIY New Member

Hi Dick
    Not sure whether you are saying its a lot or a little, having never had to buy one before it doesnt help me much. As the Mira shower was £300 I thought the cubicle would be that much more or am i missing something. I want a quality item thats going to last and not corrode etc like the cheapy B&Q one at the moment. Any understandable answers welcomed!!
    simply

4. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

760mm shower cubicals are too small, why not put a bigger tray/cubical in, at least you'll be able to move your arms!!

5. SimplyDIY

SimplyDIY New Member

Thanks Dick, but this is not a new build, and whilst i would love a bigger enclosure, there isnt room in a small bathroom. I am replacing an original, plus i only replaced the tray a couple of years back; Mira flight at £100 so I am stuck with that.

Going back to the OP; can anyone suggest a few well known and trusted trade names... a bit like Mira say?
    thanks
    simplyDIY

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Fair enough mate, for shower screens Coram are great.

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Lakes, Manhattan, Mira, Kudos..... that is a very small cubicle! one at a time please!

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

9. Measure2cut1

Measure2cut1 New Member

Are you trying to keep the old tray? If you have space, rip it out and put in a bigger one.

I did a DIY fit of a Kudos last autumn and am very pleased with it. It was not in your budget but was the only one that fitted in the space as one side was restricted by a window and the tear drop shape curved in.

I don't know about cost but Matki are decent bits of kit.

10. Dick Fuller

Dick Fuller New Member

Ive got a big one