Radiators warming when they shouldn't be

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by PTFE, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Still reckon its reverse circulation !! that tee most likely although its difficult to be 100% without a look

2. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

you could try a flap type non return, as this is for low pressure might do it, but as you would need it vertical and the wrong way really might not work, could you fit it under the floor on a horizontal section ?

3. YNWA

YNWA New Member

[​IMG]
    new connection in green
    that may be a better way but like 40 years says its hard without physically seeing the install

4. rome60

rome60 New Member

The GW Hide-Away as you should be aware has a much larger heat exchanger (less resistance than the new boiler)also the GW Hide Away would have a spreader dip tube in the return.

Why not upgrade to an S plan which would be more efficient and save your mum some money.:)

5. YNWA

YNWA New Member

is a spreader dip tube like an injector tee ?

6. PTFE

PTFE Member

Doing a Bit
    you could try a flap type non return,

I may try that if moving the tee doesn't solve it, I could put it on the 'up' leg of the CH return (if you can picture what I mean) so I think it would work

YNWA - unfortunately the picture you uploaded doesn't seem to want to work. Any chance you could try it again please?

rome60
    Why not upgrade to an S plan which would be more efficient and save your mum some money

I mentioned that to her before I started, or even changing to a combi as it's only her and my old man there now. But she 'likes what she's got' :)
    And who am I to argue with my mother - she'd smack my legs!

Thanks for all the replies fellas, I'll ket you know how I get on.

7. rome60

rome60 New Member

The spreader dip tube thats fits in GW Hide-Away boilers fits in the return conn,and directs the return water at a low angle to the front of the heat exchanger.This spreads the incoming water equally over the burner length.